Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi first of all thats a good price for next year

next everyone has there good points and bad points of a place,we were at altinkum last month and we used to get the bus from outside the didim and it looked lovely,i reckon it all depends on the individual

suize ;)
Thanks for the reply susie think wee'll go for it cheers x
hi we booked to go there last year but we changed the hotel because we had heard that many bad reviews and the company we booked with let us change, to the hotel just over the road i cant remember the name of it. To be honest the food was awful which i have found the few times we have gone all inclusive in turkey and the choice of drinks are limited too. It is up to the individual but i think that all inclusive in turkey is a bit of a waste of money. The hotel itself is a bit far out from the main part but there is a funfair just up the road, and its about a 15 mimute walk
to altinkum. Diane.
diane was it the garden of sun you were in i heard a lot of bad reports about this we were in the sunset village apartments they were lovley

suzie :)
Yes that was it, the hotel it self was ok but the food was awful, one of our party ended up in hospital with gastrointeritis but i couldn honestly say if it was the hotel or not. the drinks were limited and stopped dead on 11 so there was nothing to do after that. The entertainment was across the complex and there was no bar near there so u needed to walk all the way back every time u needed a drink. I wouldn go back there. Diane.
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2008-07-31 11:55:36
    Please do not post in phone text style ie u for you. Thanks
Hi again , an update i've booked the Didm beach proberly a big mistake but for what we pay'd it's proberly going to be just a base really wish me luck xx
Hi
Have stayed in both a Didim Beach and Over the road at the garden of sun, out of both the Didim Beach was probably the Best
Do not expect too much from the All Inclusive as it is very limited (beer,wine,vodka, gin and a few other spirits and I do mean a few)
The food is okay but a little repetative the best night by far is the turkish night when a small market also visits the hotel (round the pool area although its normally a little more expensive than town)
Rooms are okay but staff are not that helpfull on reception see your rep with any problems as they sort them out for them
When it gets to the time when the all inclusive finishes there 11/12 oclock next door is a new hotel (should be nearly finished as they were painting it in may) go past it too a little lane that leads down to the beach down there is a little bar and everyone worked out it was a lot cheaper to go there either when the all inc finished or if you just fancy a change
The dolmus stops outside and its 1.5 lira to go into town
To go back to hotel it stops at the top of dolfin square (down the side of shopping centre ) opposite the cash machines

Have a great time we are off in 3 days but staying in Akbuk just along from Altinkum

Need any more help just get in touch

jan
Thanks very much jan very helpful comments, the Ai drinks I think maybe the norm we were in Icmeler this year july Marmaris park a really lovley hotel but drinks were the same beer wine, gin, vodka, concentrated juice and cola , so that doesnt bother me. We only pay'd £1350 for 2 weeks 2 adults and a child, Sept the 5th (will have my 40th) next year, and we will be exploring a little thanks again xx
Hi! I've just booked the Didim Beach Resort and Spa in June, 2 rooms for a family of 6, (4 adults 2 kids) We are a family of 4 but are going on holiday with my Mum and Dad so we have booked 2 rooms but to get the cheapest price we put 2 adults and 1 child per room obviously we would prefer that our kids were in the same room as us and not sharing with my parents I have read the hotel reviews and it sounds ok but can anyone advise if most rooms can accomodate 4 as travel agent could n't confirm this? We have paid for sea views and have read that some rooms don't have balconys. Also I have read that a new annex building has been built. Has anyone stayed at the hotel that can recommend a room number that suits our needs and which part is best (old or new building)? If we booked it a day earlier we would have got AI for 6 of us plus parking at airport and free travel insurance for £2755! :yikes Unfortunately we didn't book as I wanted to check reviews so price has gone up to £3180 with only travel insurance included :whoops Still a great price I think (i hope) just hope it lives upto recent reviews!! Any info on this hotel would be great thanks :sun2
Hi! I've just booked the Didim Beach Resort on July 6th for 13 nights. We are 2 adults and 2 teenagers and we are staying in a family room with a sea view, can someone please tell me which is the best room to stay in and also like clairec 123 is the annex building or the hotel better to stay in?

We are on AI package can you take drinks to your room? And if there are any tips or advise regarding the hotel would be welcome.

Thanks.....:)
Hi, We have also booked to go to this Hotel 4th may for one week £1670 for 5 adults AI. I have read on another site that you cant take your own kettle tea and coffee , apparently there are signs around saying there is a fine imposed if you do so :yikes
Can anyone who has stayed there please let me know if this is true as I've never come across this before and always take my kettle for a very early morning cuppa, dont fancy waiting till going down for breakfast or when settling in for the night.

Susan
does anyone know if you can email the didim beach hotel before you travel and request which room you want? Also which are the best rooms - we have 1 family room and 1 double room. can you book a late checkout room for your last day? many thanks
:sun2 anyone going to didim beach resort altinkum first 2 weeks of june? see you at the bar! :sun2
You can email the hotel, you could maybe state a room you'd prefer and hopefully they'll get you what you want?
I have just emailed Palm wings beach resort to do the same kind of thing.
Have you been to this resort before?
All hotels usually offer late check out for a fee, so as long as no one is booked into your room you will be fine.
In my experience, you have to do this a few days before departure

hope this helps a little
hi shelly, we are going there too, when are you going?, also if you do manage to e-mail them can you pass on their address to me,thanks.
Don't forget if you are caught taking any food or drink to your room its a 20 euro fine :( flippin cheek, never heard of a hotel doing that before.

New labour must be in charge :rofl :rofl
cathykins - we are going on 30th May so I will email them the week before - thanks
Hi ,Well that cancels that hotel off my list ,no snacks or drink ,It cannot be legal surely? cheers maxie :fly
I'm returning to Didim Beach in September, we also went last year in September.

Best hotel in Altinkum by far and so much better being all inclusive as Altinkum has got a bit dear.

Well the room I was in slept four but that was including a fold down single sofa, a double bed and a single bed.

Still plenty of space in the room though. We were level 6 which is quite high up, 7 being the top floor for acommidation (sp?), level 8 is for staff. I think we may have been 614 but I cannot gurantee sorry.

We don't know what people were moaning about on the reviews esspeically about the food, the food was excellant. Just maybe buy you children pool shoes (to wear in and out of the pool) as it is very, very slippy at the poolside. A friend I made on holiday who was 14 at the time fell and split his head open meaning not allowed in the pool or direct sunlight for a week of the holiday because of his stiches. Just be careful.

They did have signs up about taking food up to your room but we are lead to believe it was only hot food as we took a lot of water and chocolate bars up and never got caught and charged. The supposed charge is 20YTR which is around £10.

Abymore questions just ask!

Morgan xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.