Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Diluting juice
21 Posts
Hi kimi,we always take our own,That was my son's favourite squash too,he will not drink fizzy or water so we have no choice.,however most supermarkets here now sell concentrate juice so we take some of that,it's not quite as good as it is their own brand but definitely better than none,where are you going as I know Robinsons was available in Ibiza last year but it was expensive and not all varieties were stocked.T.
Hi Oscarben,
I half expect we may have to take our own but would prefer not to if possible (weight, spillage etc)
We're off to Marmaris in a few weeks, so fingers crossed we may be able to buy it there, or something very similar!
We always take our own blackcurrant as you cant buy it in turkey,not sure about other squash,we always wrap it very tightly in brown parcel tape then if there is an accident it will stay in the tape,but so far we have been very lucky having it in our case,and in a waterproof bag :sun2
Kimi,please let us know if it is available there as we go to Marmaris in October.I will have to ask if it's available in Paphos because we go there in August.
Cockneygirl, thank you, looks like we are taking our own to be on the safe side.
Oscarben, will have a look and let you know.
I have never seen any kind of squash, you can buy fruit powder that you mix with water but it is very sugary. If your neice only likes a particular brand or flavour of squash it would be best to take your own.
you can buy sachets of Tang over there which is 70 kurus each packet, i think it makes up 2 litres, i am not one for drinking juice but these are really nice
We love the tang drinks we even bring loads home,but as stated its very sugary :sun2
Thank you for your help everyone. I think we will take our own (well wrapped) but will definitely try some of the Tang too. I really thought we would be able to get squash, perhaps just not the sugar free variety, so I am glad I asked before we go!
we also take our own squash with us as my daughter likes the summer fruits, she wont drink fizzy drinks but is ok with water sometimes, she loves the peach ice tea and the cherry juice they have ,so she drinks either 1 of those when we are in restaurants ,bars etc :tup
So can i just clarify, those that take juice, how should I pack it? As my 10 yr old is much more likely to drink juice through the day, he's not a big fan of water, and in mid august im guessing he'll need to drink lots !
I know when we were there quite a few years ago they never had lime juice to go with my lager! So next time we went I took mine with me, and decanted it into a small water bottle to take out with me. Apparently its very expensive to import.
nurseynewcastle,I've bought the concentrate juice from Tesco, or Asda and wrapped it in a carrier bag then rolled it in a towel and put in hold baggage,it was easier before we were stopped from taking it in hand baggage.T.
robinsons summer fruits no added sugar is my favourite too!
I'm 27, i proudly add, and I'll be taking it with me!
This doesn't help you in anyway, but just had to share my love for Robinsons!
You have to be carefull when carrying liquids in your case ,just seen a woman being pulled up for having two bottles of wine going through the scanner on the way back through Antallya .The wine was confiscated.
Just water down the cherry juice, its a bit like summer fruits when weaker.....
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Bluepeter - that sounds a bit worrying. Can anyone clarify if it's okay to carry liquids in hold lugguge or know why that passenger's wine would have been confiscated?
The woman asked and argued about it but never got a reasonable answer yet .Everyone was talking about it and trying to work out why .But when you think about it if it was more than the allowance that could be made the excuse ,dont know. :que

Bluepeterno1
I couldn't get squash anywhere in Marmaris....I've always taken it in my suitcase without a problem, you can't take it through in your hand luggage!!!

Jo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.