Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
most if not all of the juices in cartons are watered down, you are better of getting a plastic juice ring and a bag of oranges.

sarah
They do sell fresh orange. The Help Bar restaurant in Olu Deniz had a fresh orange machine. We were having some everyday, until we noticed a maggot in the glass. They could apologise enough about it but keep you eyes open. Its the sort of thing that they can forget to clean!

Sorry to put you off, it tasted fab!

Da
you mean the diluted tang stuff. YUK!

drinking vodka with fresh squeezed from the fruit in front of you juice will give you a bad stomach. Try it with cherry juice instead. Vodka Vishnay.
I think fresh orange juice is portokal, but hopefully someone on here can confirm this.
when i used to live out there last summer,i used to get a fresh orange juice in a carton from Tansas supermarket,it was like a cheap brand you would see here (supermarkets own) it was a white carton with blue lines going down it with a pic of orange on front saying portakal,its dead cheap too only about 1lira,they had other flavours too im sure if i remember it did taste like pure orange i hope so lol! or you'll kill me :D
I drank loads of canned orange while staying at the palm gardens this year. It was called CAPPI and tasted delicious, especially with lots of ice. While lying by the pool one day I asked the waiter for a Cappi and he brought me back a cup of coffee. :oops:
They sell cartons of lovely orange juice at Tansas, but can't remember the names. I don't drink the freshly squeezed as I think its sweet and I can't stand the bits in it either. Love Vodi and orange though.
Shaz150
We asked for fresh orange one night in preparation for our big raki and fresh orange binge we were ready for but they said they did'nt have any thinking that we meant it had to be freshly squeezed. We felt awful when they rushed back with a crate of oranges and began to squeeze them especially for us. Thats how kind the Turkish people are bless them.
We found if we just asked for orange juice without the mention of"fresh" we got the cartoned stuff.
Good luck and happy hols you lucky thing. mel.
Thanks everyone... I'll keep an eye out for portokal, especially white cartons with blue stripes.

Can't believe you found a maggot in your orange Da, euuuurgh!!!

Bless them bringing you a crate of oranges, that's turks for you, that's why we love it so much.

I'm going to try vodka and cherry, sounds good to me, I've tried it with allsorts (melted after eights, cadburys creme eggs etc) but never cherry, must be worth a try! Cappi sound good too.

Ahhh, this time in 5days I'll be there with my yummy vodi, beeeautiful!

Thank you all so much.

Love Nikki xxx :lol:
taze(tah zay) portakal suyu is freshly squeezed orange juice.anything else is portakal suyu and comes from a carton.Cappi is probably the best of these.
P.S. Just remembered I've had vodi & cherryade if that counts, lol!!

Love nikki xx
chelsea boy you are a gem! Thank you xx
portakal is just a fruit of orange.. are you looking for a orange juice in a carton taste like fresh ones, than you should try DIMES ORANGE JUICE.. the best one in a carton and you can find it everywhere, especially in DREAM BAR in HISARONU ;)
Thanks bleki, I'll look out for that, mmmmm I can taste it now!

Love Nikki xx :glynis
Tamek Dimes Tat Cappy. You can find also import fruit juices. Portakal Nektari is Pure Orange Juice. alltimes be sure on carton about Nektar.
Thanks cheeky monkey! xx :pele
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.