Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Johnr i tried them again this morning only to be held on the phone for 13 mins,however what i did was to ring the sales line(booking another holiday) and low and behold they answered after 6 mins makes me wonder how they sell so many holidays when they keep people waiting so long but they confirmed they had received my cheque so thats a worry of my mind now all i have to do is look forward to my tickets coming(HOPEFULLY)...
sleep_r_us

It's once they have all theyre in collected in, and we are awaiting arrival of our tickets is what is worrying me? will they arrive in time ??
I have been to their office twice and have not have any new receipts / invoices or nothing sent out since booking with this outfit
fiona
:yikes Fiona that worries me a great deal..How long should i wait for the tickets to arrive the bloke said the end of feb we go the 15th march which leaves a fortnight this is going to be a nightmare.
sleep_r_us

I can only say keep on their case, which is what I itend to do. I have had sooo much problems with them that I will never book with them or Thomas Cook again.

Thomsons seem to be doing good deals now
Fiona
Hi there

I've had a few probs with DH re my booking for Aug but all seems ok for the moment. Sleep r us - I've never been with DH before and haven't been abroad for a few years, but I can't ever remember having received my tickets much more than two weeks before departure, I'm pretty certain that this is the standard timescale for the posting of tickets. I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
nicJW you are probably right but with this firm of no hopers i am a bit concerned IF and WHEN my tickets will arrive.
Most travel companies operate the same timescales for invoices and tickets.

Confirmation Invoices will normally arrive within 28 days of making a booking.

Tickets are sent 14 days prior to travel.

Id asume Direct Holidays tickets will be issued on the same basis as Thomas Cook and they are approx 14 days prior to travel.
Goldeneye thanx waiting in anticipation.
Just been looking at DH website again and have seen that it looks like my flight times for Menorca have changed again. Although the new times showing are OK with us I'm a little concerned as the flight is not showing on Bham airports website timetable. I notice on DH website that it states new invoices should be sent to all clients giving the new ref numbers, as of yet I've had nothing. Have other members had theirs?
We got a new invoice because our departure airport was changed but it still had a Mytravel reference number (this was months ago). We have not been give a Thomas Cook reference number.
Hi
I got my new Thomas Cook ref Number when I phoned and asked them for it, TEL NO 01324 565 295, Tell them you are not happy with the lack of communication and you are considering taking it to Watchdog Programme, also reporting them to ABTA , as you have paid for a service that you are entitled to under the consumer's act.

This worked for me, although I threatened them with the Office of Fair Trading

Fiona
Hi, phoned them this morn and have finally been given my flight times and even flight numbers!! The flight out has changed by only 20 mins and the return flight has changed by just over 6 hours, meaning we travel midday instead of in the evening which is better as no hanging around waiting. Hoping now these will not change again. Was told I should get an amended invoice shortly, won't hold my breath though. I also asked about the luggage allowance as I wanted confirmation that it hadn't been reduced to 15kg, have been told it will remain 20kg as per the original booking. The website confirms this also but I shall check my tickets carefully to make sure.
I am considering booking with Direct Holidays for Rhodes in Sept.

Its between DH and Manos.Both are owned by Thomas Cook!

Can I upgrade my luggage allowance with DH to 20kg,I cannot see it anywhere on the website :que

Thanks
My friend has gone to Lanzarote today with Direct Holidays and their luggage allowance is 20kgs!Even though she is flying with Thomas Cook airlines.
If she had booked with Thomas Cook she would have only got 15 kgs and would have paid £200 more for her holiday.I saw the holiday on Direct Holidays website and gave her their direct phone number.
Hi Dotchas

I think only holidays booked with DH prior to the merger of MyTravel and Thomas Cook automatically have 20kg luggage allowance. I had a flyer from them a couple of days ago for Winter hols and I noticed they are now only advertising 15kg, not sure if you can pay to increase this like you can with TC. Why not give them a call?
Booked with direct holidays last year to travel may 08 with my travel flights and have just recieved a letter with changes to flight times and flying with thomas cook.Does anyone know if the check-in time is still 3 hours before departure?I've tried ringing them but it just says operators are busy try again later! :que
Thomas Cook has axed its Glasgow/Almeria service. Alternative flights are being offered from Manchester. In addition to passengers who have booked with Thomas Cook, this may also affect those passengers already booked with MyTravel and Direct Holidays. Direct Holidays carried 5000 passengers on the Glasgow/Almeria route last year. Anyone holding reservations on a Thomas Cook Glasgow/Almeria flight should contact their booking source as soon as possible, if they have not already been offered an alternative flight.

David :wave
Hi all,

I have booked a holiday through Direct Holidays.

Their Online Balance Payment isnt available until "mid-feburary"

so i am left wondering how to pay for my holiday..

in my invoice i have a sheet which i have been able to write however much money i want and been able to post it to DH.

But On one of them it has a TC adress on it.

So Shall I Choose The DH one Or TC One?

Also.. Is it safe paying my cheque through mail..?
I would pay it to Direct Holidays.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.