Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Direct Holidays
716 Posts
Am I led to beleive that as I booked my 2008 holiday through DT whilst it was owned solely by MyTravel, that the original baggage allowance as stated on initial invoice when booked over web will stay the same?
This will mean I will be entitled to 20kg rather than the 15kg TC advertise.

My flight number and time has been changed to a TCX due to the merger, but surely they have to honour the original agreement.

Mark
I phoned DH this morning to enquire about my booking for next summer. My flight time is still the same,although on DH website it has chanced, my original flight is now on TC website. I still have baggage allowance of 20 kg, because i booked in August, and my free in-flight meal is also included
I booked my holiday in October for next September and noticed the flight times had changed, as I like to see if my holiday goes up or down in price (nosey really). I waited and waited to find out in writing, luckily I used to work there so asked a friend re flight changes, and she said they were having a terrible time since the merger and that everything is backlogged. Anyway the changed suited me an early morning flight instead of a horrible night flight. Finally received the confirmation that yes the flight times had changed and new reference no. However the invoice had been printed on 15 November I got it a month later, now I know there are changes but how hard is it to put these things in envelopes and post them. Also they say the price won't have changed but its all calculated differently now, so the cost is not broken down on the invoice so I am still waiting to find out if they are still doing pre-booked seats on the flight (which I had booked) but if you want to book online they don't come up available, only £10 each but that's my entry to turkey if they not doing them anymore. I not paying for something I am not going to get.

Also still unable to pay anything online, and the site is rubbish as one week you are able to get the Glasgow to Dalaman flight, but my accomodation not there, the next it will be and now you can't get the flight from glasgow to dalaman. I have emailed the online help to no avail.

Let's hope they get their act together in the New Year.
Glasgow Andrea
I really wish there was a way we could all get our money back as I dont trust them anymore
fiona
Fiona Logan

I know what you mean but the apartments we go to are only done with Direct, so at least we know we are in for a great holiday once we get there, they never seem to plan things through properly before the changes, so they end up losing customers because of this.
I can honestly say that I have used DH for years and never had a problem until Thomas Cook got a hold of them, still trying to get my bank charges back from them :bhead
DH, manos and airtours sites go straight to thomas cook site now. Looks like the change over is almost complete.
I was told by Thomas Cook the changeover was to be completed today.
Hi
Can anyone advise me when its possible to make payments online to Direct Holidays??
fiona
DH, manos and airtours sites go straight to thomas cook site now. Looks like the change over is almost complete.

I see the different websites have gone back to their own brands today.
Hi
Can anyone advise me when its possible to make payments online to Direct Holidays??
fiona

according on their website,if you click on "my booking" at the bottom of the page it says,you should be able to make online payments by mid febuary!
:( no good for me as my final payment is to be made by 8th feb :( looks like its the 10p a min telephone line for me :(

p.s dont know if this is dh's fault or post office, i received an invoice from dh on saturday that had been proccessed on 25th oct :yikes
John

Use http://www.saynoto0870.com as there are Direct Holidays numbers listed there. I called the Glasgow one on Saturday and it was answered immediately.

luci :wave
There is a Direct Holiday shop in Newcastle.I am going there tomorrow so It will interesting to see if it still open or has been transferred to the nearest Thomas Cook.
I have just come off the phone from them re my bank charges and they will be refunded within 7 days :wink

Try this local number 01324 565 295 sometimes it is answered within a few rings sometimes you may have to hold for 5 minutes but a t least it is a low cost number and you will get to speak to somebody.
You can send a cheque to make a payment if I remember correctly, the details should be in the brochure or somewhere online.

Also Direct Holidays still seem to be the only ones selling their holidays, eg you can't book a Direct holidays holiday through any travel agent. So fingers crossed they should stay this way.

Andrea
I have just come off the phone from them re my bank charges and they will be refunded within 7 days

I should have know better, that is now 8 days and no refund :banghead:

You may know or have heard the song ' Things can only get better ' well it certainly applies to this mob, Direct Holidays or I suppose it should be more correctly known now as Thomas Cook after their take-over, sorry I mean 'merger'.

As if taking payment twice for my up coming holiday wasn't bad enough they have just messed up a further booked holiday this morning.
I must make it clear that this particular holiday was booked with DH before Thomas Cookup started cockerling everything up (if you get my drift).

Here goes, last year Mrs Kiltie and I went to Bulgaria (Elenite) and had a great time, so when we came back we booked the same holiday for our son and his girlfriend.
One of the main things for booking this holiday were the excellent local flight times (same as ours last year) which meant they were out of their room from 12 midday and got picked up at approx 16:30 for the transfer to airport.

Departing Glasgow Mon 22 Sep 13:50
Arrive Bourgas Mon 22 Sep 19:25

Depart Bourgas Mon 29 Sep 20:25
Arrive Glasgow Mon 29 Sep 22:25

Then the curse that now will be know as Thomas Cookup struck in the form of a letter this morning.
A change of flight times, oh not just any change of times, the flight times are awful and the flight is now 4 DAYS LATER

Depart Glasgow Fri 26 Sep 20:55
Arrive Bourgas Sat 27 Sep 02:50

Depart Bourgas Sat 4 Oct 03:50
Arrive Glasgow Sat 4 Oct 05:50

These ridiculous changes now mean instead of being out of their room for 4.5 hours before pick they now have to vacate room at midday on Friday and don't fly out until 03:50 on Saturday morning, they will be out of their room for just under 16 hours, do Thomas Cookup thing that is acceptable ? I certainly don't.

Now just to show that they really do care about their customers :rofl the say

'we apologise for the above advice. we feel, however, it is fair and reasonable to remind you that should you wish, you may change your flights without paying the applicable administration fees (subject to availability and receiving or paying any difference in cost)'

No mention of changing holiday just flights ! no mention of a refund of deposit or ability to cancel holiday with no financial penalty !

Strange how the letter arrives when all the early booking offers and personal incentives have finished, for example to book the same holiday now would cost us an extra £210.

So I suppose the question is -

Do they cancel that holiday and re book something else and pay more than they would if booked early ?
Do they accept the change and be out of their room for 18 hour and accept the terrible flight times ?
Should they cancel totally and try and get deposit back with no more money to pay ?

I have tried phoning Thomas Cookup operations several times today but all I get is a message saying 'sorry all our operators are busy please try again later' then the phone gets cut off, excellent customer service I think not.

I won't be using any of the :swear Thomas Cookup group of companies again.

Graham
Last year when my flight times were changed by more than 12 hours, I decided to cancel because of the new flight time, and I received a refund of all of my deposit plus the insurance premium.
Last May I booked our summer 2008 holiday with Direct holidays.

Since the merger with Thomas Cook, I have received a new invoice and booking reference, and noted that my flight times and carrier had changed, which I wasn't bothered about, because the flight times are now better.

But, what I am bothered about is that my daughter's age is stated as 1 instead of 10, and we also, for our party of 5 had two taxi transfers booked (as I hate the coach and all the drop-offs), and the new invoice only lists one taxi, which won't be big enough.

I emailed them immediately and received a response stating that my daughter's age was noted as 10, and that it was an error on the invoice, and don't worry about the taxi transfer as it is booked, and you should receive a replacement invoice in the post.....but I didn't, so again I sent an email....again I had the same reply....but still no correct invoice :que

Any advice?
:rage

Thomas Cook aka DH are having a laugh, I have just had a phone call telling me that the hotel (Ghazala Gardens) for our holiday to Egypt on Monday is overbooked and we are being moved to a different hotel.

AAAAAARGH
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.