Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Thomas Cook and MyTravel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the direct holidays where you click the date you want, if the date is crossed that will mean they have sold all flights on that date. August is busy and there are few holidays where flights have sold out. If the thursday flight was cheaper than the saturday, people will go for the thursday flight, flight times don't really come into it with a long haul flight, you leave in the morning and return in the early hours to arrive back here in the morning.

Someone has finally rang me back about my Thursday flight, my fears were right it is not sold out.
"All Thursday summer flights from Glasgow to Stanford with MyTravel have been cancelled"
We have transfered to a Saturday flight but Direct Holidays said they did not even know there was a problem till we started emailing/phoning them.
If anyone is flying with MyTravel next year I suggest you check your booking on line.
Have posted already on hol complaints forum but feel I need to add my comments here. I too have discovered via website that my flight for Sat Aug 16 08 to Menorca from Birmingham no longer exists. The only flight appearing is a Friday flight for the whole of next summer.

Spoke to Direct today and they could not tell me when I shall now be travelling, was informed I needed to wait for them to notify me of the change before I'm able to do anything about it. If they do shift me to the Fri flight it will be a difference of approx 21 hours which would mean as this would be considered a major change I'd be able to cancel, but can't do this as they haven't officially informed me of change which could be,well, who knows when? Don't want to have to cancel hol but really annoyed at being left not knowing whats going on.

Lauden - did you request that Direct phone you back or did they just call you out of the blue?
Lauden - did you request that Direct phone you back or did they just call you out of the blue?

They just phoned out of the blue after we had phoned then about 5 times and sent 2 emails. We got the same as you at first "just asume you are going on the same date until told otherwise" . We spoke to customer services, who said we had to speak to programme management who said we had to speak to aviation but aviation dont speak to customers. When programme management tried aviation they were engaged and they would not keep trying then phone us back they said we had to keep phoning them. Sent off an email saying they customr services was shocking they had not answered my first email and not answered my phone query and about 2 days later they rang.
thomas cook have done it again they have changed our flight only by an hour each way. :bhead why advertise flight times if they aint gonna stick to them they were supposed to be at 6 in the morrning but now they are at 7 am not very happy and when i rang them to ask why they said that that is their time slot grrrrr thomas cook get a grip and my travel
I wouldn't mind if TC put my flights forward an hour, it would mean not getting up until 4am instead of 3am, but 2 hours seems even better, maybe I can wish for 3 hours.

1 hour either side is not a big difference and in the scheme of things its tiny.
Just been intouch with Direct Holidays and was told, that alot of the flights are being looked at because of the merger, and that it will take a couple of weeks before everything is sorted out,and then,they will be in a position to inform me by post.
well ya i dont mind a hour but stil got to be up at two to be picked up at 2.30 as airport is a hours drive so we wont get their till at least 3 or 3 15 :(
Anyone heard any more from Direct Hols re flight changes for next year? I called them yesterday regarding my 'Saturday' flight for next year to Menorca and they said that they were still unable to give me any details of when this flight will now be going out. The operator stated that they are currently working through the flight amendments in departure date order and that I should hear something within about 2 weeks...not holding my breath though! He confirmed that the reason for the changes is the almagamation of the flights due to the merger with Thomas Cook...surely they knew that this was going to happen before they took our bookings and our money!
A quick update...phoned direct again this morn as remainder of balance due for next years hol. I enquired about my 'non existent' flight with the operator...she transferred my call this time to their programme management dept. I thought great I'm actually going to find our when I shall be travelling..we're getting somewhere. After holding on for 45 mins I spoke to quite a pleasant lady who informed that the flight for the Saturday 16th Aug is indeed cancelled but they still haven't transferred my booking to an alternative flight. I asked if we could sort this out whilst I was on the phone but after checking with 'Aviation' she informed me I still need to wait for them to contact me.

So the situation I am in now is I have paid a full deposit for a holiday next year...don't know when I'm going..just hope the accommodation that I so carefully picked doesn.t get cancelled too.

Needless to say, don't think I shall be booking with them again! Lets hope the holiday makes up for it...if we ever go that is!
Its not just hoilday makers who are not happy with the new mytravel Thomas Cook "synergy".

The pliots are holding an indicative industrial action ballot.
Results out this morning so 98% in favour on a return of 79% of papers dispatched....
I have booked with Direct Holiadys for Tunisia next year, phoned today to pay some of holiday, but they cant (or wont) send me a receipt through the post. have not even e-mailed me one!

I do feel that this company should not be taking bookings from the public until they get there merger up and running and things sorted out.
It seems the phones are manned by silly young kids, who do not have a clue what is going on and not experinced enough to deal with matters and all you get is: "hang on and I will try to transfer your call to ?????" people need answers, espcially if travelling to airports a distance from home with a young family in tow
A friend of mine was going to Salou at school holidays there with Direct holidays, she and her hubby and 4 children turned up at Glasgow airport to be tolld her flight was boarded, Direct holidays had not made any contact at all to say of flight changes etc
I've booked with Direct Holidays for next year and I tried to phone today to make a payment.............three attempts later and I still couldn't get through :x

Looks like I'll be spending half of tomorrow doing the same thing :roll:
Lexie,
What number are you using to get through to Direct Holidays?????
as I have a couple of numbers
fiona
Lexie-Have you tried the automated payments service 08716647560. This is the only number I haven't had a problem getting through on, strange how it was so easy to pay them some more money but when it comes to sorting out problems you've no chance!!!

Fiona-I didn't receive a receipt for my payment I made to them a couple of weeks ago so I rang them last week and after eventually getting through they agreed to send me an updated invoice showing the extra payment. I received it within 2 days...the only thing I've been impressed with so far.

Hope this helps #.
Why don't you put the money in a building society account and earn some interest. Better than them earning the interest.
My payment was just the remainder of the low balance that was due and had to pay by end Oct. I agree with you I certainly wouldn't pay them any extra money until I have to especially as they seem to be messing so many people around at the moment.
I've managed to get through today and pay most of the holiday off (I would have paid all of it but I wanted to talk to someone about the "extras" that are there if you look at direct online).
I booked to go premiar gold next year at an extra cost of £200 each but that's not showing now.
I asked the woman on the phone and she put me through to customer services and I had to hang up in the end as I waited so long for someone to answer :roll:
They were, however, quick enough to take £1500 from me today!!!
This Dirct Holidays issues are getting scarier by the minute, I can only hope none of our payments go astray....

They are certainly quick enough to take payments, but no so quick with the receipt issue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.