Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Direct Holidays
716 Posts
Agree there about the prices. Not sure if you are in Scotland Tracytreacle1, but we're in Aberdeen and definitely always find that DH is the cheapest. Although this year our booking is with them, but got paperwork saying it was My Travel who the contract is with............makes no odds to me. We have had a couple of gripes with DH over the years but always managed to get some sort of compensation............nothing too major enough to ruin our hol tho 8)
What we find is that if you book well in advance with DH you always get a good deal. Our kids are teens now (15 & 17) but the younger still got a free child place. The elder one didn't really want to come but we've persuaded him that we got a good deal.
The only other way I can see of you getting a good direct flight from Aberdeen through another operator is to get a last minute thing or flight only (DIY).
14 weeks to go for us.............roll on!! :lol:
A bit :offtop but we got an excellent deal on a package from Aberdeen to Benidorm with FlyGlobespan in August. It was almost £200 each cheaper than DH were doing the same holiday for. The only difference was that we fly on Friday and DH fly on Saturday.

luci :wave
the holiday i have booked was for 2 wks h/b at 4star hotel in fuerteventura with direct holidays, this was the same price for one week with eclipse direct !!! going 4th august and cant wait, especially with lots more spending money :D
A bit :offtop but we got an excellent deal on a package from Aberdeen to Benidorm with FlyGlobespan in August. It was almost £200 each cheaper than DH were doing the same holiday for. The only difference was that we fly on Friday and DH fly on Saturday.

Luci have a word with yourself and try and keep on DH topic :wink
:lol: It was kind of still on topic as I did mention DH!

Luci - I agree with you - you did mention DH so I'd still say it was a valid point! :roll:
Friends have booked a holiday with Direct Holidays on their web site for next year and we are thinking about joining them. Is there anyway to get a cheaper price than their web site (already thought about going through quidco)
Thanks
Ive just managed to get 7 nights at Kanta hotel in Tunisia with DH for 2 adults & 2 children for £1420 half board in x2 twin rooms

It includes
- flights (good flight times aswell) & Hotel
- In flight meals
- Return Transfers

Thats a good deal in comparison to the many other tour ops I have been trying for the last 2 weeks. DH have come in a tad over £150 cheaper. Thats lots of extra spending money in my books!

Im well happy! :lol:

Cant wait till the husband comes home from work....I just need his Credit Card! :P
We have just returned from Fuerteventura with Direct Holidays. We had a great time and cannot fault My Travel flight in any way , even though we were delayed 6 hours on our outbound flight. I have always booked through Eclipse but got such a great price with Direct Holidays, infact we actually enjoyed the service on board more than previous first choice flights and will definately be rebooking with Direct again.
am pleased you had a good time and sorry to here that your were 6 hours delayed i hope am not as am going out in november and flying with my travel lol :)
Really surprised about the positive comments regarding direct holidays. I have just come back from a two week holiday with direct holidays. It has been the worst holiday of my life. They have no regard for customers, and they broke several of ABTA's regulations. I don't wan't to say to much because I may have to take legal action if it is not resolved to my satisfaction. Remember that old saying "If you pay peanuts, then you get monkeys..............."
On flight times not the same as the brochure, when booking the brochure flight times can change and it will say it in the brochure. Its bad if they don't write and in form somebody. I always check my tickets for any mistakes in the name and what the flight time is.
Have booked a holiday for next year Glasgow to Stanford, Orlando, Florida for Thursday 14th August. Just went on the Direct Holidays web site to check something and they are now just showing Saturday flights for June, July and August form Glasgow and the Thursdays have a cross through as not available, surely all the Thursday flights have not been sold out. Was going to book my hotel/parking for Glasgow but a bit worried incase they change me to a different flight. Anyone else booked the Thursday flight and have any info.
Thanks
Personally I would call Direct Holidays and get it from the horse's mouth to put your mind at rest and give you time to make alternative arrangements if necessary.

I rang Direct Holidays amd they said they are only doing Saturday flights from Glasgow. Gave them my booking ref and said I was already booked on the Thursday flight. They confirmed my invoice said I was going on a Thursday but there system shows no Thursday flight, they said to "asume" I was going on a Thursday until told otherwise. My sister is also onsame flight and has already paid £140 for room/parking at Glasgow. Have emailed them for written confirmation but have had no reply yet. The first invoice I got shows flight numbers and times but the 2nd invoice which shows payments I have made the flight number and times or blank. Bit confused at the moment!
Hi all,

Just been helping my sister to book her hols for next year, we're going to Ibiza for 2 weeks and she's joining us for the 2nd week.

Anyway, i noticed as i was looking for a price that the flight we've booked from newcastle (midday flight times) was unavailable, i checked our itinerary online and noticed that we've now been shifted onto a night flight from the same airport and the flight times are awful.

Can direct holidays do this? There's no way i'm travelling at the times they want us to so im going to look into flying from a different airport but i want some ammo to go back to direct with when i call them. Surely if they intend to book me on this flight the holiday should be cheaper?

Any advice anyone?
On the direct holidays where you click the date you want, if the date is crossed that will mean they have sold all flights on that date. August is busy and there are few holidays where flights have sold out. If the thursday flight was cheaper than the saturday, people will go for the thursday flight, flight times don't really come into it with a long haul flight, you leave in the morning and return in the early hours to arrive back here in the morning.
I have booked for Turkey next July.When I booked I was told that I would be flying with Mytravel departing Manchester at 07:05. Just checked the web site it now says Thomas Cook airways departing 18:35, something is going on at Direct Holidays.
They have probably consolidated the flights since the merger.

Kath x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.