Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
If you dont want to book online, just phone them you will get your holiday at the same price.
Hi

All booked and had confirmation through so really pleased. Thanks for answering my question. Glad this forum exists otherwise don't know if i would have booked it!! :cheers

Elaine
Hi,
This £100 off offer is untrue.I have been watching certain holidays and when I received this same email I logged onto the Direct Holiodays website and low and behold the prices are still the same.The same applies to Thomas Cook where they are offering 14 nights for the price of 11.As an added bonus they tell you that there is an extra £50 off all holidays to the Canaries.Again untrue.I would call this false advertising at the very least!.
I have had real problems with the Direct Holidays site. The hotel states child age max as 12, so I have costed for 2 rooms (one room for 1A and 1C, and the other for two adults). All is fine get the quote however when trying to book it won't let me put the child in (the screen wants details as 4 adults), however it won't let me show him as an adult either as it states the details are wrong. However if I default his age to 13 (not 12) the booking goes through! I am sorely tempted to default his age then phone up and pay the amendment fee. I left the details with a Thomas Cook shop as if they priced matched I would rather book through the shop however there prices are completely different. I phoned at 10p a minute their online booking help but they just stated they had problems with the website and could put me through to an operator!
having paid my final balance yesterday for our forthcoming holiday to cuba with direct holidays, due to depart this march, i would just like to congratulate them on their so far excellent pre-holiday service. the longest i have had to wait for an operator to pick up when contacting the call centre was 5 minutes, which i think is acceptable, especially on friday at 6.45pm as with last night's phone call. every member of staff i have dealt with has been very helpfull in a genuine way, rather than being helpful in order to try and sell me airport parking or insurance etc.

my payments have been followed up by a confirmation email within seconds, they have always ensured that they have provided me with the authorisation code for each card payment, and 2 out of 3 people i have spoken to have actually visited my destination themselves and made an effort to chat about it for a minute and ask if i had any questions or worries that they could help with. yesterday i had the dreaded battery dying on the cordless home phone scenario and the guy called me back on the mobile number i had provided on my booking details straight away, which meant i did not have to ring, Q and hold on line again to try and get back in touch with them.

the price was right when we booked (actually it was £10 per person more than thomas cook's web price for the exact same hotel and dates, however the premium upgrade for the flight, which we always book if available, was almost HALF THE PRICE FOR THE 2 OF US than thomas cook were selling it for over on their website, i even rang direct to check it was right as it seemed too good to be true!!! direct even removed the £20 per person 'seats together' that we had paid for when booking on line as we did not realise at the time that it was included in premium, we were told by thomas cook airlines when we rang to book specific seats that we should not have paid it, we got the £40 charge back no problem with direct along with an apology, so all in all, i can only go off my personal experince, but i would say do not worry at all about booking with direct...i hope the service continues leading up to and throughout our trip :cheers
Hi, Direct holidays have a sale on at the moment - a guaranteed £160 off per holiday. :) It is a genuine offer as we have been pricing up holidays (for a few months) for our friends to come out to Cyprus at the same time as us. The holidays are all cheaper but make sure you select the package you want from the search for the discount to apply.
Just booked a holiday with Direct holidays last night. I got £190 off the quoted price when I went to the payment page. You get £150 and an extra £40 off at the moment. Other TO could not compete with this so I booked online last night. :tup
i'm feeling a little confused and a little mis led as when i booked my holiday i was urged to pay for 'your seat your choice' only to find out you can only do this 7 days before you fly unless you pay an extra £6 per person per flight so for six of us it would be an extra £72 on top of the £84 we have already paid, unless we do this we run the risk of all the seats being taken. it wouldn't worry me if we weren't taking the kids but don't want them sitting without us. has anyone had problems with this new system?? help please!! :think
Hi Hayley/John,

We have the same problem as you. When checking my invoice, I noticed I'd been charged £6 pp for 'your seat, your choice'- Don't recall opting for this but since I accepted the overall price I was pleased that I could pick our seats.

However, as you say, unless we pay another £6pp per flight you can't pre book the seats until 7 days before. I don't like our chances of being able to get the seats we want at that short notice. So my question is- if I have to settle for seats that I didn't want, on a basis of them not being 'my choice' can I demand a refund of my original 'your seat, your choice' option?
its all very confusing and mis-leading. i will have to pay the extra and book the seats 98 days before departure as i'll be worrying about not getting seats with the kids :(
Just a little tip for Direct holidays customers-

I've been researching next year's Easter holiday and as Thomas Cook are normally the pricier sister company, I usually book with DH. However, every holiday I've fancied for next Easter comes out a fair bit cheaper with Thomas Cook than Direct Holidays, so it's worth checking it out rather than assuming that Direct holidays are giving you the cheaper deal. Not sure what's going on as Direct Holidays are supposed to be the cheaper version of TC :que
Does anyone have an email address for Direct Holidays or a phone number which isn't 10p per minute. DH emailed us to say our hotel has building work and to contact to them however we can't get through on the phone as it is busy still with the volcanoe and as its 10p per minute we don't want to be left on hold for over an hour.
You can find cheap rate numbers here http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php for direct holidays.

Angie.
greenshoes,

I also found contact details on their website too, dont know if this is of any help to you..

http://www.directholidays.co.uk/contact-us/

Angie.
Tried the numbers on the say no to 0800 and none of them work, yes they take you through to DH but they tell you they cant transfer you to the relevant department (customer services) and to call the 10p per min number...
Greenshoes
e-mail them back and tell them you can't get through. Give them your mobile number to contact you.
Remember if there is a problem with your holiday however trivial or major it is their responsibilty to contact you, not vice versa.
Still no luck trying to get through. The email that contained the letter attached is one of these non reply email addresses. Im really not impressed with their service. I appreciate they are busy with the volcanoe and what not but we feel like we are just being fobbed off all the time. We fly in under 3 weeks!

Does anyone have an email address for them? I looked on their website but I can not find one.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.