Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I meant ring direct holidays shirley and try and get a bit more off .Say you are ready to book but the price you have on the internet is a bit above your budget .Can they move a little on the price . Have in mind around £50 per person off .

It just depends whether they have this "clincher deal" available. If they do you will get it .
Its also cheaper if you book after the 20th of the month,at least this is what I was told by my travel agent. :que
hello can anyone please tell me how to get in touch with direct holidays, I got a email address of here about 28 days ago, and used it to complain about my wife breaking her arm at the marmaris park. but I havent hear anything from them.

thanks fred
They are owned by Thomas Cook here is their address from the ATOL site

Thomas Cook Tour Operations Ltd Trading Names:

ATOL Number: 1179

Address: The Thomas Cook Business Park
Coningsby Road
Petersborough
Cambridgeshire
PE3 8SB
Telephone: 01733 417100

You could try sending a letter by recorded delivery. Allow them 14 days to respond to receipt then another 14 days for a reply. Good luck.
I have 2 numbers for Direct Travel. 01903 813344 and 0845 6052500.
I dont know if any of these work now that they have been taken over by Thomas Cook,but its worth a try.
Just booked a holiday with Direct Holidays for August paying by Mastercard, paid the balance in full it requested. Just checked on line and it says I owe £5.95 card charge.

There web site says-
We accept Solo, Switch, Visa, Visa Delta, MasterCard. We do not accept Electron and American Express (Amex).
There is a Credit Card Charge of £5.95 for payments made online for all holidays. Any subsequent payments over the phone will be subject to a 2.5% Credit Card Charge up to a maximum of £50.

Has anyone else been charged for using a debit card, if they are going to charge £5.95 for any card I might as well paid with my Credit Card.
Just booked a holiday with Direct Holidays for August paying by Mastercard

Mastercard is a credit card and not a debit card.
I think you can have a mastercard debit card :think
You can have a Mastercard Prepaid Card which works like a debit card.
When I paid I picked debit card (they said no charge for debit) and I used my visa debit off my nationwide current account. I paid the whole amount and its showing off my balance on my current account already. Online with direct it now shows a balance of 5.95 and the reason is Mastercard payment. I Think I will have to email them.
laudan
I think confusion has arisen because in your original post you said you paid by Mastercard.

Direct Holidays state that there is a charge for all cards except except for Solo, Electron, Thomas Cook Credit Card and Mastercard Debit.
http://www.directholidays.co.uk/contact-us/
I have emailed them to clarify. I just think its strange thats is showing up now, I paid nearly 5 thousand pound and normally when I pay by CC (and expect to be charged) its automatically added to your balance before payment is taken. We have been away with Thomas Cook, and even though we booked this time with Direct the email that came said Thomas Cook, and we were not charged then for a debit payment. I will wait for their reply.

UPDATE
Just got a new invoice emailed with the card charge taken off, thought I was right, also requested rooms together and that has been added too. Very good quick response by Direct Holidays, well done.
I booked a holiday with Direct at around 3.30 this afternoon and ever since I have been receiving a steady stream of confirmation invoices . So far I have received 8 . All exactly the same. From what I can see they all appear to quote the same reference number but has anyone else had this . It's utter madness.
Hi booked a holiday with direct holidays last night. While making the payment for the deposit it said there was an error with my debit card please try again, which we did, and it went through, checked our bank account, they are taking 2 payments now. We got an invoice through my email saying they had taken payment of deposit and there was also a credit card charge of £5.95, but we used a debit card which there is no charge. Anyone had the same problem and how was it resolved.
Hi Lyn,
Don't worry. The same thing happened to me last year. Read my post on this page I also had a couple more weeks later too :que
We paid a deposit of £155 which was all they required in January.
Today, I paid the balance on-line and they stated that Mastercard
would incur an extra £5.95 and the total payable was already entered by them which agreed with my reckoning.
I filled in my Bank details and on the next page (Bank Security) it showed another £5.95.
So I guess that they charged £5.95 for the deposit and then another £5.95 for the balance.
(the invoice showed 2 CCC's @£5.95 = £11.90)
If I had paid the total in January, I think I would have only been charged for the one transaction.
Next time we book with them and if we can afford it at the time, I will pay the full total, therefore saving £5.95.
I'm not really a cheapskate - honest! I just don't want to pay any more than I need to! ;)
We sorted the taking of 2 deposits and also the £5.95 credit card charge, but most probably cost me that much on the phone call to put it right. I dread paying off the balance what if they try to take 2 of them.
I have just booked with DH on Friday and the invoice stated £5.95 CC charge but I paid with my debit card.

I rang them straight away and they said the charge will be taken off and a new invoice sent. I haven't yet received the new invoice so will have to ring them back I suppose to see what is happening.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.