Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
little update

ive booked :D i did telephone and book with direct holiday and am now awaiting email confirmation.

thanks all for your help.

lily. x :sun2
Excellent lily . Where you off to ?
Excellent did you get anymore money off when you phoned, where you going? :cheers
hi

got the confirmation but i havent printed it off yet. Going to tenerife but payed the price i saw on screen. I was pleased with the price anyway as thomsons wanted £400 more!!! and that was a discounted price apparently :que First time ive ever booked by phone so fingers crossed ive done good.

Thanks again for everyone's help it been extremely useful.

Lily. x
Just to add to the above - DH luggage allowance for next summer is 20kg at the moment and don't forget they also include in flight meals at no extra cost which together would be around £100 for a family of 4 if you wanted to add them on with the other TO's. DH have by far the best prices that I've looked at so far :tup
Great stuff Lily :tup Now you've had a good price and are all booked up you can sit back and start the countdown :)
shirley

will be a very long countdown till next year!!!!!

thanks for your help. :tup

lily. x
Does anybody know why direct holidays/thomas cook are not flying from Bristol, Cardiff or any southwest airports to alicante summer 2012. For the last 5years at least they have used the thomson Saturday flight now thomson have changed it to a tues and direct hols/thomas cook aint going there no more :(
pmac wrote:
Does anybody know why direct holidays/thomas cook are not flying from Bristol, Cardiff or any southwest airports to alicante summer 2012. For the last 5years at least they have used the thomson Saturday flight now thomson have changed it to a tues and direct hols/thomas cook aint going there no more :(

It seems thomas cook, are dropping lot of resorts and hotels, and one thomas cook rep told me, thomas cook want to expand in turkey, and the end result other resorts hotels will go

2010 thomas cook drop cattolica, italy from there brochure
2012 thomas cook drop the following hotels in lid di jeselo: Monaco Quisisana, Ambasciatori Palace, Eden, Miami, Principe Palace; and the only hotels there now seemingly do are: Hotel Harrys, D.annunzio Hotel, Sheila, Cesare Augustus at least thomsons are still doing most of these hotels
i dont suppose anyone can tell me how much it is going to set me back in order to make a complete full change to a booking with direct? i see on thomas cook's website it is £35 per person, but this also says 'per change' so that's £35 for changing destination, flight etc so would it be 370 each? even though the hol is not til 2012??? surely not!? any help appreciated :)
emma

i think it is £35 per person per change with direct holidays, i havent got my paperwork to hand on a recent booking i have made with them but when i booked over the phone and im sure she told me £35 per person per change.

Hopefully someone will come along and verify it for you.

lily. :sun2
hi there, thanks for your reply, just rang to check and it is indeed £35 per person, per change, so what we are looking to do will cost £70 each to change flight and hotel...super :(
Emmacat

Have you changed your holiday yet? Last year we had a holiday booked for 4 people and due to circumstances had to amend the booking (thomascook) It worked out cheaper for us to lose the deposit and start a new booking than pay the £35 per person per change. Would that be an option for you? I did kinda gut us but we had no option to change our holiday so we just bit the bullet-holidays are hard work :tongue

Hope you manage to get sorted.

Lily. :sun2
Does anyone know of a problem with Direct Holidays on line booking at the moment. Ihave tried several times over the past few days to b00pk a holiday in Turkey, flying from Edinburgh in August 2012. Each time I try it goes as far as taking payment details, but at the end tells me there ia a system failure they are trying to resolve. They also give a telephone no. to call. After getting through the assistant said she had a computer problem and would call back in two minutes. No reply as yet. Anyone any ideas, as I used to use Direct Holidays regularly, bit not sure now.
lily, thanks for your reply,

fortunately we didnt have to go to such lengths, just spoke to a superbly friendly girl in the call centre who has sorted it all out for us and only charged us the 1 ammendment per person, really pleased as the new booking is £200 cheaper than the previous one so i can live with just the 1 charge, have to say i was quite impressed with their wilingness to help :cheers
Emma

Glad you got sorted :tup now you can look forward to your holiday ;) We have booked with direct holidays for next year and its the first time we have booked with them so hopefuly we wont have any problems ie this flippin ash cloud situation :duh

Lily. :sun2
So does everyone think directholidays are safe to book with??
i noticed the inflight meal option doesnt add a price,are these free??
Theres no where for me to add transfers....just thought that was abit strange.
gonna book for tunisia so dont need transfers anyway
the price includes transfers, on some holidays the in flight meals are free but you still need to tick the box, we used them last year and would have this year but thomas cook offered a much better price when i rang them, i would definately use them again though (i would advise you check thomas cook is'nt cheaper before you book)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.