Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I'm trying to enter my API details
I booked through Direct holidays but it doesn't recognise my flight number
I think the problem lies with it being a Thompson flight but I've tried changing the carrier to Thompson,Thomas cook and Direct holidays and it still comes up as an error....
Is anyone else having a similar problem?
I will probably wait until my tickets arrive and see if there is a change in flight number...other wise I'llring them nearer the time....I was just wondering if it was just me or if anyone else had a problem
Not really sure what's up Tangobunny.

I think the problem lies with it being a Thompson flight but I've tried changing the carrier to Thompson

Did you have an option list to choose from or did you have to type in the carriers name? If the latter, maybe it's because you're spelling Thomson as Thompson and it isn't recognised :think Just an idea.
Does anyone know when direct holidays is going to sell summer 2012 holidays, I think it was April last year?
"Does anyone know when direct holidays is going to sell summer 2012 holidays, I think it was April last year?"

I wanted to know the same because I want to be away during the olympics but I don't know if will be worth waiting a while if bookings are low for the dates and the prices might be reduced.
I've booked a holiday to Cuba in October for just a week flying with TC. Friends of ours have now decided to come with us but are staying for an extra week. Does anyone know if I would be able to ask for an extra week and if so how much do you think I would have to pay to amend the booking?

Cheers
You'd be better asking Direct Holidays to check availability and give you the new costing. The standard amendment fee is £35 per person per change.
Thank you Sun, I'll give them a ring tomorrow. :tup
Hi all

Im seriously considering booking my holiday for next year online with direct holidays as the prices are the cheapest for our destination. I did go to thomson today and asked if they could match the price but was almost laughed out of the shop :que She said make sure they are abta/atol bonded which im sure Direct Holidays are. I think she wanted the business but we have to go where we can afford ;) I have never booked online or over the telephone before (have always gone to shop). Is there anything i should be aware of before i part with our hard earned cash? My only worry is if i have to amend booking at anytime or if there are travel problems like the ash cloud etc i will find it difficult to sort out. Any advice from members that have booked recently with direct holidays would be a great help.

Many Thanks

Lily. x
Hi Lily,

I don't remember the last time I booked in a shop as booking on line is easy. I normally go with TC these days as I find them good value and sheaper than anybody else. I have used Direct holidays in the past and would use them again without any qualms if I could get the right price. Lately I've found them more expensive than TC, their (supposedly more expensive) sister company.

If you have any queries or alterations that you're not sure how to do on line you will be able to contact them by phone. Go for it!
Hi Lily,
I booked with direct holidays last year, I got a price online then rang them to see if they could get it any cheaper (which they did) I had no problems withem at all. This year we are going with Thomas cook as they gave us our holiday cheaper but with higher deposit. I have been pricing holidays with direct holidays today and they are the cheapest I can find, When I find whatt I want I will book with them without a second thought.
hope this helps,
hayley
I've also been looking there tonight for prices for summer 2012 and they are quite a bit cheaper than anywhere else :) I hope it stays that way as I'm not ready to book for a while yet. Still lots more research to do ;)
Hi shirley.

I think im gona bite the bullet and book with direct holidays today. Can i ask you if i need to print each each page through the booking process so ive got a record of the booking incase? Any other advice before i do the deed!!! Is it any different booking online or phoning them?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Lily. x
It is worth ring them to see if they can give you it a bit cheaper, I can't see where it says what luggage allowance they offer this year. let us know what you do
Hi Lily, it seems that DH have decreased their hold luggage allowance from 20kgs to 15kgs for 2012. I cant see it stated on any of the pages but when I search luggage allowance it tells you what to do if you want to increase from 15kgs to 20kgs so I'm presuming that it's 15 that comes as standard :que

I don't take shots of any of the pages but just make sure you look over all the details that will be shown to you just before making payment to ensure that you've entered everything correctly. It will give you the option to select your seat at an extra premium and don't forget to tick the meals box as they are free (included in the basic price), but it seems you still have to tick the boxes. They automaticall put on a £2 donation for charity but again you'll have the option to untick this box.

It's not difficult at all and when you've entered your payment and been given your reference number save the page so you'll have a reference should you need to contact them for any reason. One more thing, not sure how much they charge in card fees these days.
Good Luck!
Definately think it's worth ringing them to try and get it a bit cheaper . Last year they gave me what they called "A clincher discount" of another £50 per person. so I got £250 off for the 5 of us .

This year I tried the same but they could only offer me £50 off the whole booking of 6.5K but I could get over £200 cashback by booking via quidco or top cashback so I declined and booked online via topcashback and just received my £220 . I did mention what I could get via that route and they understood and knew all about what I could get via cashback but were unable to match .

If they can't give you a discount go for the extra luggage allowance .

In any negotiations it's important you are ready to book and say you will book now if they can offer you that little extra .

You have nothing to loose .
Mdollar . Did you get your extra week at SRLM. Only just seen your post and I know when we went they only flew from gatwick every 2 weeks . :(
Hi all

i am just my research now and will be phoning direct holidays this afternoon. In the letter that came with the brochure it does state 20kg luggage but i will be checking when i book later. I will report back on the outcome.

Thankyou all for you help and reasurance.

Lily. x
Sorry . Keep thinking of other things to say and no edit button here . Must have verbal diarrhea this morning .

Lily . No problem at all with booking online . . i've done both over recent years with direct and you can still deal with all their departments over the phone too. I've added girlfriends and taken them off the last few years with no problems at all and no charges . With the one I took off they didnt even keep her deposit .

Just make sure you check each page thoroughly through the booking process and use one of the cashback sites I've mentioned above if you can't get a better price from them over the phone .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.