Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Thanks Mike, I'm sure that information will be very useful to many people. :kiss

Could you possibly let us know where you hired the electric chair please, that information always seems hard to find on holiday, did the company also supply mobility scooters?
I hired the electric scooter on the Butlins site. They have a mobility shop near the main restaurant. They had electric chairs, manual chairs and scooters, as well as other disability aids. Mike
Thanks Mike, if only it were that easy elsewhere. :roll:
We have visited Butlins at Skegness five times in the last 3 years, and have always had a really good time. We always check on line for prices and then phone to book ground floor accomodation. Three times out of the five we have been given an appartment for a small increase on the cost of the room, (even though these are for selfcatering guest)and have always been refunded the £10 ground floor booking fee when I show my blue badge. The staff are very helpful and will even carry your food to you table for you if you ask, nothing seems to be to much trouble. We have only booked silver b.b.and dinner, so don't know what basic rooms are like. We find Skegness very wheelchair friendly.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.