Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Let us know if you hear from him Alizda, Im not sure how it will affect other places - Mostly away from the beach they are predominantly restaurants - so they all should be ok.

LA
Hi yes would love to hear about basils as well,we have paid basil a deposit for his apartment when he visited us in march this year for a few days,is he still keeping his apartments on.Hopefully its early days yet and things will be sorted out by the time the season starts.
We loved the above trip, a wee bit of a journey to the mudbaths by boat, there was'nt anyone with an obviously upset tum on our boat, and it was just a single floored boat, which was suprising considering the amount of juice consumed by a few people on board, maybe just the hair of the dog!, but we did find the bus journey home to Icmeler very very long very glad to get out of the bus for a half hour at the flamingo house restaurant, (lovely birds on small ornamental lake) on way back to get some fresh air, or was it a 15 min., break,(air conditioning on bus defunct) I remember everyone felt hot sweaty and rather whiffy after the mud baths and sulfer pool, and long journey and been a wee bit embarassed at the above establishment as we were all feted like royalty with several dressed waiters lined the lobby dressed in dark pants and I think white shirts with trays on their shoulders and lots of tables behind them/stuff to sell, no-one or very few bought anything, just too tired.
Cockey Girl

You will be fine with the aparts he still has these. And if i know Basil he will find some way of getting round this before the season starts :wink:

LA
Cheers leighanne i hope he gets it sorted out for the sake of all the hard work he has put into his bar,also we spend most of our time at his bar,he has that extra special personal touch that makes our holiday most enjoyable.When he visited us in maech didnt seem to know anything about it then
he's being rather quiet - not answered either my text or e-mail :shrug

our friends we met last year have a more personal touch with him so i'll speak to them sometime to see if they know anything
had a text back from basil

thanks babe everything is ok cnt veit 2 c u all

says alot doesn't it!!!!!
hiya every one... dont know if you can help, is there still a bar in marmaris called triannas... think ive spelt it right, my mate went a few years ago, and loved this place... also the turtle bar, that was just next door! :glynis
hi
theres 3 young lasses going to marmaris staying at club happy days in august.its our first time to turkey.just wondered if anyone could give us any pointers and what nightlife was like and what there is to do for 3 girls used to places like malia and ayia napa!. interested in trying turkish mud baths and watersports, enjoy beaches and drinkin dancing and eating out. if anyone has any information on the resort or the hotel, please let me know
cheers
nikki x :wink:
Mitchellclr,
If the bar you mean is irish then yes its still there,
its on a side street just off the beach.

loulou
Loulou it is moved to oppisite Gima(Point Centre). There is new Irish bar called Cream Irish Bar next door of Captains Bar and The Garden Restaurant.
hi, does anyone know were the honey restaurant is in marmaris, i believe it is near the amphitheatre but not sure were that is also....tracy
Hi

Just having a read about some of the bars closing down in Marmaris. I was wondering if anyone knows of the restaurant almost opposite Club Turquoise, called either Rainbow or Raindrop, it is owed by a lovely lady called Cider, is still open for business.

We were really looking forward to meeting her again in August

Jen
Watching the cam at http://www.marmarislive.com and a lot of people is at the statue in Marmaris.

Anyone know if theres a festival or ???

Cheers :D
yes Karina there is a festival in marmaris. it is called Youngs Festival.
Thanks a million :D

Only 12 more sleeps :hyper

:thanks
hi, can someone help. when i click on to the link for the webcam, all i get is a grey screen where the picture should be. the adverts are there but no camera. thanks.
with all these changes going on in marmaris this year im begining to feel glad i booked a different resort it wouldnt be the same without adam and eve and the appolon is there anothere bar where they put on shows like they did there it was a great night out
Nuttynet Adam and Eve is still running under Birmar Hotel.
Bachuss Restaurant&Bar has shows everynite. It is on beach side under Mehtap hotel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.