Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
does anyone no any good bars clubs some one told me about andys bar
that a rather open question!!! you will probably get hundreds of differing opinions as there are so many to choose from!!

we like the aussie bar (by the kocer) but wherever you go you will have a ball
We have been last two years and return again this year. Everyone said to us who knew Turkey, if you go back and you see people you met, they will remember you. I thought yeah right!, anyway last year on our first night we went to one of the restaurants we went to quite a bit the year before, and one of they guys who works there, Oscar, turned round and as soon as he saw us his face absolutely lit up, he came running down the restuarant shouting Paul! my husband - it was 13 months since he last saw us - he even hugged and kissed my husband, it was really rather quite moving. He remembered my husband supported Sheffield Wednesday and sat with us and said I watch you on the tv - it was the Cardiff Play off final - and he said, I thought thats Pauls, my mates team! Really we were so amazed.

After that every where we went the guys we met the year before, all came kissing and hugging us - it was such a lovely welcome! cant wait to do it all again this year - taking Oscar a Wednesday Shirt, can't wait to see his face!!!
Could anyone out their tell my if the apollen show bar will be open this year.A friend has just told me it has been pulled down,because they diddent apply for their entertainment licence in time. thanksxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXX. 8)
i have been told it has been pulled down and they are building something in its place (don't know what) its a shame we had some good times there :(
Thank's for the reply.If any one out their are going to turkey in the next couple of weeks could you please look out to see what has happened to the apollen.THANKSXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
Hello everyone, its going to have been 4 years since we last went to Marmaris because we have been going to Gumbet for the last three years but me, my fiancee and our one year old daughter are thinking of goin back in 2007 for a change. I have heard there has been a lot of building work goin on and there has been a lot of changes to the bars on the beach, that the Dreamboys, The Brothers Bar, Daisy's Bar and the bungee ball and so on, I am just wondering if they have rebuilt on these plots or are they gone forever because we had so much fun in those places when we were last there. We also used to go in The English Pub, aka the Elvis Bar, on the main road, above Vogue Jewellers, is this still there and is Elvis still going strong?! I know it is soon to be planning for next year but we like to be organised!! We are going back to Gumbet in July and are looking at booking our hols for 2007 already..got to have something to look forward to! :lol:
Would go back to Turkey but preferred Icmeler to Marmaris...

Lazy Days boat trips are a good cheap day out.... £4 for all day including lunch, swim great! Passed Turunc on the way back and that looks lovely and quiet!

I fancy another late week there, two weeks would drive me mad.. we always go to Crete or Corfu for our main hols.
My mother in law has just returned and is sure it still there, but i cannot vouch if she got right one.
The only one I know is or was next door to the Tai Pan restaurant on the beachfront.

John
if any one is going to marmaris in the next couple of weeks could you please look out for the apollen show bar.A friend of ours told us it had closed down.thanks. 8)
Mary The Apollon Bar , Old Albatross Bar Tai Pai Chinese Restaurant are gone. Marmaris council knocked down these bars.
The Apollon is gone??!! :o The massive showbar??
Yep it has gone. There is big empty space there from main road to beach. The municipality is doing a park there now.
asked loads i'll bet - but i fancy one of them lazy day boat trips. do they tend to do just lunch or do some have drinks included? should I book with an excursion agency, or just go to the marina and see whats on offer?

8)
thanks for the replies about the apollen show bar,the kids will be upset when i tell them.they loved to watch the different shows each night.Any one know any other places to keep the kids happy at night time.thanks :(
Lost,

Saw your post here and thought ... well, you were lost in between all these Apollon posts :lol: :lol: Anyway lazy day boat trips are fantastic. Most do lunch and you buy your drink on board. Some still do a sort of AI, i.e. for the one price you can really drink what you want although you only get one lunch. I'm certain I read some where they were either trying to, or had put a stop to the AI trips but we certainly did one last year. Some of the bars and restaurants run their own if they get enough numbers to justify the cost of the boat etc. Other than that just go down to the boats themselves and book direct.

Wilson :wink:
I know there is a few HT regulars who frequent Basils Bar in Marmaris - i have just heard that it wont be opening this summer. Something to do with new government regulations about being too near residential properties - So if Basils if affected im sure other bars will be??

JT or Chelsea boy - Do you know any more about these regulations - and it is affecting lots of places??

LA
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.