France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
I am spending New Year at Disneyland. We are staying at a hotel near Disney, but it is not one of the official Disney hotels so tickets aren't included. We really want to go to the special New Year party to see the fireworks, but I'm not sure if you need a special ticket to get in, or if we buy regular tickets and they will cover it?? Any advice appreciated!
i would think you need a special ticket. i you go on the isneey website it hould have the info on there also if you can get them on the website it wil probably be cheaper than on the park.
I thought special tickets would need to be bought too, but I can't find anything on their website or any information anywhere. I emailed them, but they didn't reply- grrrrrr! Is there anyone that has been at NY that could give me some info?
hi, me and my df are thinking of going to dlp for new year and my bithday (new years day, ill be 23!) we are hoping to stay for 2 nites-new years eve and new years day, then come back on the 2nd.
i am just wiondering if anyone knows what kind of things go on on new years eve? do the hotels each do their own thing-dinner/dance/party? is there something on in one of the parks or in the village?
ive got a book from TA and theres a section in the back with celebration events and new year is in their. there are the hotels and a few of the restruants by the looks of it doing new years eves dinner i assume you have to book it, its quite expensive ranging from £63 each in the santa fe hotel (which is where we are looking at stayin) to to £98 each (well i assume these prices are each anyway) at walts on main street USA- in the park.

it does not say if theres any entertainment or anything, does anyone have an idea? has anyone been at this time and what did you do? and do you think wed have to book a restraunt for nye or not and do you think they might be cheaper than these other ones. (it seems alot just for a meal? something eles must be included?) i wonder if i could just reserve our seats at our choosen restraunt without paying for it upfront, im wondering if it is going to be a set meal or choice of a few meals with this ticket. surley it would be cheaper to just go to the restraunt and order as normal, unless therse something more included in the price.
and does anyone know how much it is for the ice skating at the new york hotel? thanks
hi, can anyone tell me what times the shuttles run or what time they stop running from the outside hotels to disney and back please. and what time does the disney village close? thanks
late!!

the village has a night club so the village will be open til that finishes!

not sure about the shuttles but they run until after the park is shut,so wont be a problem in getting back to an offsite hotel :)
Hi

Can anyone tell me the best place to buy dlp passes?

Also, is a one day pass enough?

I'm thinking of booking 3 days, 2 nights (by Eurostar) at the Holiday Inn or the Dream Castle. Any views which to go for (if either!).

Is that a long enough stay to make it worthwhile?

And finally, I feel I know what to expect from a continental breakfast but what is a buffet breakfast? Sounds like the same to me!!

Many thanks
jael
Hi can't help with where to buy entry tickets but can help with the other questions.

I assume you will have 2 whole days to visit the parks? You don't need a full day for the Studios, so I would advise doing this then moving to the magic kingdom after you have seen everything you want - of course it also depends on when your visit is as to how busy the park is. You can get most of the magic kingdom done in a day and a half (in my opinion) but you must be there for the park opening as you fit much more into the first couple of hours before the park fills up.

The buffet breakfast is basically a help yourself continental breakfast.
Hope this helps.

Gill
Hi,

My trips are usually 2 nights and 3 days. They are midweek and low season (ie no school hols in either England or France). In that time, I can do both the studios and the main park in 2 days, and then go do my favourites again on the 3rd day.

I'm not really sure what you're intending doing - first you ask if a one-day pass is enough, then say you're looking at staying for 3 days. In my opinion, to see/do it all, one day is definitely not enough. There is so much more to DLRP than the rides, there are many shows too, some of which are unique.

I'd say 3 days is just about right for a first visit, if its not in a busy time.

You can get one-day one-park tickets, or park hopper tickets. You can buy these at the park when you get there, or you can buy in advance in many places, including UK Disney stores, 365tickets, attractiontix etc.

Elaine
I agree a day is not enough to see and do everything

we went for 2 x 1 day trips( oct 06 and july 07) and have since been for 1 x 4 day trip ( aug 08) and a 2 day trip ( dec 08) and still plenty we havent seen / done! :)
it depends if you have children with you,and what day / dates you go ,as this will determine how busy the parks get!

xx
Thank you all for your good advice. It looks as if I will have to re-think. The trip would have been 1 full day and 2 part days but that clearly wont be sufficient time to see anything much! I really appreciate your help, it gives me a much better idea of what to plan for.

Kind regards
Jael
Hi,

I want to take my family to Disneyland Paris in October and was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on keeping the cost down on eating out? We are planning on staying at the Santa Fe and have read that the food is not very good value for money and the queues are always very long.

If you have been, can you recommend anywhere for us to go for at least our evening meal?
really fill up @ breakfast :) so you may then be able to make od with just a quick brioche and hot drink in the day (or some people take rolls ,meat etc from the hotel brekkie to eat in the park! ;) )

if space allows take your own snacks ,as these are expensive onsite ! ( we drive so stock the boot up!)

then have a larger meal in the evening :)
we liked cafe mickey for character meal
annettes is a good burger place ( and atmosphere)
and the steakhouse in the village was a lovely character brunch ( on sundays)

but everywhere is expensive to eat really , with the exchange rate as it is :(
theres always mc donalds in the village !

you could think about going half board ? as this gets you more for your money

http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/tailor_made_dreams/half_board_meal_plans.htm
Thanks for the links. I was booking through Leger and they only do B&B from what I can see. I'll check out the half board option then as the hotel buffet is about "20 for an adult at the current exchange rate so that option makes it far cheaper.

Thanks again! :wave:
We have stayed at the Santa Fe, 3 out of 4 visits. Used the restaurant quite a lot the first time and it was good value. I think having used it once we got a half price voucher for the next night if I remember rightly, but I don't know if that's the norm.
Food isn't cheap, but as has been said you can always cut costs by going to McD's. Cafe MIckey and the Rainforest Cafe are both great but pricey.
To be honest I would avoid the park at October half term if that is when you plan to go- it was our worst trip out of the 4. We had completely overlooked the fact that it was Halloween and for us it had none of the Disney magic, plus it was very very busy and extremely cold. If you go be sure to take plenty of warm clothes. Unless you want October for a particular reason, we have always found August to be quieter.
Don't think you can go wrong with the Santa Fe though, it's clean and comfortable and the bus in only takes minutes.

Pam :)
halloween season is well recommended ,with fab decorations / theme

we enjoy summer ,as yes its busy ,but the nicer weather and late opening makes up for that :) and really wasnt as busy as we had expected

looking forward to halloween this yr though :)
we know it will be busy, but with careful planning can still get a lot done :tup

and wont be as cold @ our xmas trip !! brrrr
even though we had ski stuff on !
we are going in about 4 weeks and staying at the sequoia lodge, has anyone stayed there and whats it like. the last time we went to disneyland about 5 yrs ago we werent allowed to take food into the park area,all bags were being checked does this not apply now, as i can see people recommending to take some breakfast things in with you for lunch
We last went a year ago and they were checking bags thoroughly, but I think for security as much as anything. However we didn't try and take food in as the time before they had even stopped my husband taking in McDonalds from Disney Village!!

Pam x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.