France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Merged with existing topic which may have some information.

luci :wave
Hi
I'm going to Disney 9th October for 3 nights, im staying at Best Western Marne La Vallee.
Has anyone stayed here before?
Whats the area like? Are there many restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel?
Hi Stevj,

The number to call for Disneyland Paris from the UK is 08448 008 111 - lines open 8.15am to 7.45pm Monday to Friday, 9.15am to 5.45pm Saturday, and 9.15am to 4.45pm Sunday.

Elaine
hi all we are off to dlp in 2 weeks for 2 1/2 days.

we have never been before and any information would be greatly appreciated. we are 2 adults and 2 kids aged 3 and 6.

what is the best way to get from airport to hotel and back again. we land at about 9am. and return about the same time.

where is the best place to get theme park tickets from?

thankyou for any advice

:)
Hi there used to be a bus that went from CDG to DLP which stopped off at each hotel. Do not know if it still runs as it was about 15 yrs ago when we used it. Only problem was you could only buy single journey tickets.

Hope this helps
Hi - we are looking to take our two kids to DLP for the new year period 30 Dec - 1 Jan. I have looked at the Disney website and found one of their hotels for about £700.00 for the 2 nights, which although steep, its what I expected for the time of year. But my main concern is that the Eurostar don't travel on those days, flights seems to be soooo expensive and the thought of ferry and then driving is filing me with dread...
Has anyone got any ideas/suggestions/tips/good websites for us - please.
Thank You
Newbie :wave:
Hi need the sun,

You have a few options for getting to and from the airport and DLRP. There is the VEA coach - a convenient option, and one I've never had a problem with, arriving at CDG at a similar time to you. This costs 17 euro per adult and 13 euro per child, single journey. The actual journey time by coach is around one hour, and it drops off at each Disney hotel, then the main Disneyland bus terminus.

You could also consider a private shuttle - this may work out only slightly more expensive, is much more convenient, as theres no hanging around waiting, and will get you to your hotel within about 40 minutes (same on the journey back to airport). I used rstransport this week, and would recommend them.

For park tickets, you could try themeparktickets, attractiontix, or 365tickets.

Hope this helps,

Elaine
Hi , we also used RStransports (also called BStransports - seems to be same people) and they were spot on . We just emailed them with our requirements and then paid cash on the day .

We only went to DLRP for the day , they were there to pick us up at 9 when we arrived at CDG and then to bring us back to airport at 6 . Took 40 mins or so to get straight to DLRP entrance.

There was 5 of us , we paid 160Euros for the return , so roughly 30 euros each (15 euros each way) .

Receommended , id use them again .
can anyone give me information about dining with the characters???

average cost, etc i have two children a girl and a boy so i was thinking if there was something that would suit the both of them?

thank you
Hi,

You can get ideas for meals, prices, menus etc on the dlpfoodguide.

There are a variety of character meals at DLRP - ranging from breakfast at Cafe Mickey, which costs around £15 per adult and £11 per child, to lunch and dinner there (all with characters) which is a bit more for adults, but about the same price for children.

Then theres the Lucky Nugget for character lunch, which is 30euros per adult, 15 euros per child, and is an all you can eat buffet.

Theres also Inventions in the Disneyland Hotel, which is much more expensive, but again, a full buffet (I believe the price for adults here is around 55 euros, 15 euros for a child).

For Princesses of all ages, theres the Princess lunch at the Auberge de Cendrillon in the main park. This is also expensive - 55 euros per adult, 20 euros per child. It is, however, the only place in DLRP where you are guaranteed to meet 2 or 3 princesses (the princesses are the characters here, apart from Suzy and Perla, the mice from Cinderella, and occasionally Princess Minnie).

There is also the character tea party, held every afternoon, either in the Pizza Planet or the Lucky Nugget. These are the cheaper options - only £10 per person, adult or child, and I have been to one of these in the past and really enjoyed it. However, it was at the Plaza Gardens then, and it has only recently moved to the other 2 venues, and so far, reviews are not that great.

I've done breakfast at Cafe Mickey, lunch at the Lucky Nugget, and dinner at Cafe Mickey. For character interaction and food choices, I think the Lucky Nugget suited us best, and as the restaurant is in the main Disney park, you don't have to walk far at all to go for lunch and then be back out into the Magic. Cafe Mickey for dinner is great fun, but it can be very noisy, as it gets very full very quickly.

Whichever meal you choose, you should reserve a table in advance, as the character meals are the ones which get booked up first.

Hope this helps,

Elaine
thank you so much for your help elaine, this will be ourr first time to disney. it can all get a bit confusing.!!!!! the website says the park closes at 7pm whilst were there, but i have been told that there are parades where tinkerbell goes back to the castle??? any advice or dos or donts would be greatly appreciated.

thankyou
hayley
The bit with Tinkerbell is called Candleabration, and happens at 7pm every evening in front of the castle. So the park doesn't actually close until after this ends (around 7.20pm). You don't actually see Tinkerbell - she is at the top of the castle already - but you do (if its dark enough) see her sprinkle her fairy dust from the castle.

If you're staying at a Disney hotel, I'd suggest you go for breakfast as early as you can (ie before 7.45am) and then go to the parks for Extra Magic Hours. Fantasyland rides are open from 8am to 10am, only to Disney hotel guests, so it means you get to do the young childrens rides again and again with no queues. Fantasyland gets busy after 10am, and we tend not even to attempt the rides there after Extra Magic Hours has finished for the day (except to do Its a Small World, as that tends to be a walk-on most of the day, and to chase characters, as there are usually a lot of them about in Fantasyland, beside Its a Small World and the Pizzaria Bella Notte restaurant).

Go to the Studios too - outside of Fantasyland, this is my DD's favourite area of DLRP. There are brilliant shows in there for children - Animagique, Cinemagique, and Stitch Live. The Tram tour, Cars rally, Flying Carpets are all very suitable for the whole family, and there are also lots of characters around in the studios.

Hope this has helped - and enjoy your first (and probably not last if you're anything like we were first time :D ) trip to Disneyland Paris!

Elaine
thank you so very much for all your help am getting really excited now!! we go on wednesday and we havent told the kids yet trying to keep it a surprise until we get there!!! were staying in the holiday inn on a half board basis so ewd probably be better staying for the parade and then going back for tea??? what time is it best to head for the parade?

xx hayley
also we were thinking of having lunch with the characters one day does the price they quote include your meal???
I'm guessing the main parade will be at 4pm (it was when I was there last week anyway). The best spot, I think, for seeing the parade is opposite the Bella Notte restaurant in Fantasyland. There is a special Halloween pre-parade every day too, which I think is absolutely brilliant, and not to be missed. This takes place at 3.50pm if the parade is at 4pm. So if you are at your parade spot for 3.35ish you'll be fine up there to get a great spot right at the ropes. You can be out of the parks after the parade by 4.40, but we always stay in the parks or the studios until at least 6.30 - to make the most of our time there. You can have your dinner at the Holiday Inn after this can't you? As I understand it, the HI is a dinner buffet which carries on well into the evening.

Yes, each character meal price includes your meal as well as all the characters stopping at each table in the restaurant individually, for photos and autographs, and a play ;) .

You should get a programme with all the times for the parades, shows, character meet n greets etc, when you check into your hotel. If you don't, pick one up as you enter the main park (you'll see the dispensers as you walk through the archway under the Disney railroad station). With that and a parks map, you'll know what you want to see, and where you want to be, in no time.

Elaine
We went to DLP last October halfterm, our 2nd visit and not last. It was very cold so wrap up warm, the Halloween parades and decorations were great. Not sure if anyone has mentioned fastpass, its on all the main rides and is well worth doing, we learnt this trick in Florida , you basically choose the ride you want to go on pop in your entry ticket to the fast pass machine, and you are given a time to return to the ride, jumping the long queues, Great if you have got little ones. :)
Booked to go in the week up to Christmas.

Booked with Airmiles to use my miles up and neglected to book the character breakfast @ Cafe Mickey.

I've read through the Disney site several times, but can't find out how to add this to my booking direct with Disney.

Anyone any ideas?
:que
Cheers

Jim
You can phone Disney on their normal reservations number to add the character breakfast - the phone number is 08448 008111. You will need your original booking reference number.

Elaine
Hi,
We as a family of 2 Adults + 2 Children [ages 6 + 11 ] are booked to travel to Disney Paris with Newmarket travel by coach over the New Year period.We travel down and arrive on the 30th December then we have 2 days at Disney paris to see in the New Year etc.Can anyone give me any useful advice as to where to eat on Hogmany,New Years Day as I reckon it will cost me upwards of £150 for a meal for 4 on any of these dates at the restaurants like Cafe Mickey.My budget is approx. £50 for a meal but I think I might have to go to McDonalds!!.Any other advice is most welcome.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.