France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
really fancy going to DLP perhaps wkend of 7 december ,does anyone know if it will be a busy time.we went 4 years ago in august and had to queue 45 mins minimum for every ride and it really spoilt it.thanks in advance
Any weekend in December will be busy, as its Christmas season at DLRP. So yes, you could well experience similar queues to when you went before.

Elaine
We have decided to book a trip to dlp in march for 6 days/nights have been quoted £440 for hotel,breakfast,6 day passes for both parks and local taxis for 2 adults 2 children 1 infant through the dlp site

now the ? lol

how much spends will we need

what is weather like in march

we want to go self drive what is best way

thanks in advance ali
Hi Ali

Spending is a tricky one- as far as food goes for your evening meal you can go cheap at Mc D's with prices on a par with here or for the four of you (infant not taken into account) somewhere like Cafe Mickey will be in region of £80. You then have your bits during the day which you can economise on a bit by taking cartons of juice in etc. Strictly speaking you aren't meant to but we got away with a few bits in a small backpack- cool bag would be a bit too obvious!! Probably you are going to need a minimum of £50 a day even doing it the economical route, to cover all meals and snacks.

We always do self drive which we enjoy, the journey is all part of it. What I would say is avoid the perpherique around Paris, we tend to cut off before then and go cross country, where the roads are so quiet and it really is very easy. Usually takes about 3 hrs from Calais- haven't got a map to hand or I would let you know where we come off. Alternatively of course, use Sat Nav and then I would imagine the Peripherique wouldn't be such a nightmare!! Unfortunately the first time we tried it there were roadworks which confused us entirely!!

Have fun- you will love it

Pam :D
Thanks pam our infant is 2 so will be eating same as us,we are looking at stopping at sante fe hotel and will use a sat nav to get there

ali
Hi there. We went last week in our motorhome and used the Tunnel paid for with our tesco vouchers. It was so easy!! On board..lunch in van and we were in France in only 35 mins! Booked it using my Tesco vouchers £40 in vouchers changed to £160 return for the tunnel. It was further than we thought the other side and the toll road costs 30 euros, so budget for that if you are using the main route.
Hope this helps
regards
Annie
Hi Ali

We are going to the Santa Fe at Christmas, so I can give you an idea on what their current food prices are like when we get back

that would be great pam could you also let me know what the hotel is like please

ali
Hi,

I've stayed at the Santa Fe twice this year - my hotel review is here from February -

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/france/paris/disneyland-paris/disneys-santa-fe-hotel/

I was also there again last month - we ate in the Santa Fe restaurant (the Cantina) for dinner. It was about 20 euros per adult, and around 11 or 12 (I think) euros per child. This is for their dinner buffet. It does get very busy after the parks close, but we were there around 7pm (parks closed after Candleabration at around 7.20pm) and there were no queues for dinner. Plenty of choice, even nuggets, sausages, chips etc for fussy children.
Characters (Goofy and Pluto when we were there) came and visited the diners at 7.30pm and stayed for ages. I noticed at reception they were also scheduled to visit the restaurant at 9.30pm too.

If you have any specific questions about the Santa Fe, I'd be glad to help.

Elaine
  • Edited by Elaine 2007-11-17 20:21:00
hi there just got back from santa fe last friday the 9th of november the buffet it the hotel was 19 euros per adult and 9 euros per child. to be honest the food is not that great and when we had our meal around 21.00pm the food was cold and you good tell it had been left for ages. the hotel itself though is very nice. the rooms are lovely and the beds are very comfy. there is a little on site shop full of disney souveniers and the characters come to reception every morning about 9am. the 15 year celebrations were really good. we went for bonfire night and the firework was spectacular. they have a special candlebration parade at 7pm every night where 15 candles lights up the sleeping beauty castle and then gold dust comes out of tinkerbells wand on the top of the castle. we had a great time.

mel
Just got home last night from our 2nd trip to DLRP. It was even better than our 1st visit in July since we knew the routines, etc this time. Couple of things I wanted to pass on to others. Firstly we went for breakfast this time to Cafe Mickey on our last morning and it was brilliant. It really got the last day off to a flying start because the kids met the characters at breakfast then went on to the park. We had Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy + Pluto round tto the tables and because it's a little less hectic than evenings they had longer to speak to the kids. Recommend it at 46Euros for 2 adults, a 6 y.o. and a 2 y.o. since that's cheaper by far than dinner there.

Also we decided this time not to use the bus to DLRP from CDG as it was scrum last time so we booked a shuttle transfer. We used BS Transport on BStransport()com and they were great. Arrived to find a driver at the gate with our name on a sign, minibus (clean and tidy) waiting right at the door and straight to park within 35 minutes of getting our bags off the plane. He gave us his mobile number in case we wanted to alter the collection time on the last day and turned up then in pleatny of time to go back to CDG. They cost 140 Euros for a privates shuttle or a little cheaper for shared minibus but it was worth it in our view as when it's busy the shuttel buses that Disney use are a nughtmanre of shoving to try to get on.

Anyway roll on the next trip. Started saving already :lol:
Hi Everyone,
Wondering whether anyone can help?
I want to book to go to Euro disney as a family for new New year 2008/2009, and i am aware availaibilty will be coming out shortly, so want to book a.s.a.p.
I am considering 4 nights and staying in the Holiday Inn. Do you get Park entry tickets included ifyou book the holiday Inn, with any travel site, or only if i book direct with the hotel? Would it be worth my while to book Half Board, or is it easy enough to go to the shopping centre, that i have heard that is near by.
Has anyone been New year and is there any entertainment on in the hotel? Or do the bars in the parks, put on entertainment. (Would this be ticket only!) . Can you still get the shuttle bus from Charles D/g airport straight into Euro disney, and approx how much would this cost. Hope someone can help, thanks for reading attikin
Merged with existing topic.

luci :wave
Does anyone know what time the nightime parade is on over Christmas. The park is open until 10 but I can't find out when the parade happens.

Thanks

Pam
Hi,

There is a show programme on the official Disneyland Paris website, which is good until 21st December. It states that at weekends when the park is open until 10pm, the Fantillusion parade is on at 8.30pm.

Elaine
Returned on Sunday from DLP and our stay at the Santa Fe. We really did just sleep there and other than checking in didn't go into the hotel much. When we arrived breakfast tickets were only available for very early or late sittings and we slept through breakfast on the first morning having had a 5:30am start the day before. In fairness we were still allowed to join the queue but decided to opt out and pay for breakfast in the park- not such an economical move at nearly 20 euros for 1 drink and croissant each! day 2 was better as when we checked out the breakfast queue on day 1 we exchanged our voucher for the next day, for breakfast vouchers in the park. These are limited and released on a daily basis but well worth doing as it was so quiet and civilised.

The park itself was extremely busy, the wait for crushes' roller coaster was anything upto 2 hours! If staying in a Disney hotel go to the studios first and get to the head of the queue, it's a great ride but there is no fastpass system. Since we were there last summer they have changed the fastpasses and you can only get them for one ride at a time, with no others issued until the time has expired- fairier, but you do struggle more to get on the bigger rides.The Tower of Terror is also open now- fantastic ride, we were divided between loving it and hating it though.

To answer previous questions- one of the cheapest options for an evening meal is to eat at the Santa Fe. Fixed price meals in the village or park are steep and even daytime drinks and snacks don't come cheap- a McD's type meal in the videopolis, was 40 euros for the 4 of us. Bottled drinks are 2 euros 60c, with hot dogs just under 5 euros each.

Any questions feel free to PM

I am taking my Grandaughter on Sunday,we are staying at the Santa Fe. I have read previous posts and cant decide upon transfers from CDG.I had thought about using the bus but someone said it was a scrum getting on,someone else mentioned the train and that it only took 10 minutes,any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Hiya,

I've taken the bus from the airport to Disneyland, it was no problem at all. In fact, I've only once had any kind of a queue at all at the bus stop at terminal one, and there was plenty of room for everyone and all the luggage.

The advantages of the bus is that they are frequent (about every 30 minutes during most of the day and evening) and once you have taken your seat, its door to door to your hotel.

The TGV train does only take 10 minutes between the airport and Disneyland, but the trains are not so frequent as the bus, and you have to get from your airport terminal to the train station at terminal 2. There is a free internal shuttle train service to do this, but you need to take your luggage with you on it, off it, and onto the train platform. Once at the train station at Disneyland, you'd need to get the free shuttle bus from just outside the train station to the Santa Fe.

I usually take the bus from the airport, then the train back.

Hope this helps,

Elaine
Thankyou Elaine for your speedy reply.Good to hear that the bus was ok. I arrive at terminal three and looking at the bus timetable it appears that terminal three is the first pick up so hopefully we will get a seat ok.I may consider getting the train back to CDG,is it difficult changing trains during the journey and can you remember the cost,it is 17euros each on the bus.Thankyou once again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.