France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Thanks for your swift reply Gill, I understand that rides are free with park entry, but I believe that queues can be avoided with a fast track ticket bought at each individual ride
thanks
kblokey
Fast passes are free. You use your park entry ticket at the ride to obtain your fastpass from the machine. You can get fastpasses from as many rides as you like but only one for each ride until your time slot has expired.

We always try and fastpass first thing as fastpasses do run out for the most popular rides and then you just have to queue.

Pam :D
Thanks for the info Pam, this makes everything clearer. Sorry Gill I did not understand, off to DLP on friday and the Grandkids are getting very excited
kblokey
I was in a hurry and should have expanded my answer really.

Don't know how old your grandchildren are, but my not to miss rides would include:

Pirates of the Caribbean, Buzz Lightyear, Thunder Mountain (I can't take thrill rides, but this is a 'tamer one', Honey I shrunk the audience, Peter Pan, Haunted House. The fast pass runs out quickest for Peter Pan. And when you are tired - Its a Small World

In the Studios the Stunt Show and the Studio tour are also excellent. Recently opened, so I can't comment on, are Cars and Crush Roller Coaster. Armeggedon is good, but I have seen lots of young children frightened by it.

Enjoy!!! - let us know how you got on.

Gill
Thanks Gill, I will make sure they try them all, I only hope I can stand the pace.
Thanks
kblokey
We went 2 weeks ago and I could not believe the amount of folks there.Ive been to Disney in Florida 6 times and it was much more crowded than there.It may have been the good weather but we spent ages queueing.We stayed at the Disney park resort which is the big hotel next to the entrance and it included park passes including one priority pass a day.Even with these we queued for half an hour to get on Buzz Lightyear.Even when we were allowed in the park before it opened to the general public(all hotel guests are allowed in before the public)we queued quite a while.My grandchildren,when asked what was their favourite,they said the Buffalow Bill show(extra cost)It has taken me a week to get over it!.
  • Edited by Jay Trip 2007-10-16 20:22:18
Hi Jay,

I just got back from DLRP on Friday evening there, and we walked on almost everything the whole 3 days we were there! The busiest ride seemed to be Crush coaster, I saw lines of 55 minutes there on the Wednesday, and then 30 minutes all other times.

Buzz was no more than 20 minutes (with almost immediate fastpass available most of the day) Peter Pan was no more than 15 minutes, POC the same. We had a brilliant time, and did most of our favourites 4 or 5 times.

It really was very quiet in both parks when we were there last week, midweek.

Elaine
Just returned from DLP on Tuesday, Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves with the two grandkids ( 18 and 10 ) who thought is was magical.the Weather was excellent and the experience was made that much better thanks to the information from Gill and Pam on this forum about fast passes,
Thanks again
kblokey
You're welcome Kblokey, glad you had a good time!!

Pam :D
Glad you enjoyed it.

Gill
Can anyone advise me where to buy the cheapest 2 day hopper tickets? We are also hoping to see the Wild Bills show, but haven't got a clue where to buy the tickets. Can you help?
Hi,

Attractiontix seem to do slightly cheaper Disney tickets than the official site. My friend has just got her park hoppers from Attractiontix, and they are exactly the same as the ones from Disney.

The Buffalo Bill show you can book direct with Disney - 0033 160304050.

Hope this helps,

Elaine
Hi there. We are off next week and after much research Attractiontix seemed to be the cheapest. Price included a very prompt special delivery.
As for Buffalo Bills am not sure but I think you can reserve it on the dining reservation line 0033 0160304050 or if not you should be able to reserve when you get there.
The dining reservation people are very helpful!
Hope this helps
Annie
Can anyone help me with suggestions or contact info for getting in touch with Disneyland Paris to check our hotel and park ticket bookings? I booked through Expedia and it's turned out to be a mistake as it seems to have been one mistake after another. They now swear blind that all is sorted out but I want to double check with Disney direct that our hotel is booked and park tickets will be there waiting. I've tried the contact option on their site which sends a message direct to them but I've been doing this for the past 3 or 4 weeks and yet to have a reply so wanted an email address or similar that I can try so I get a reply in writing. I did ring Sequioa Lodge but after speaking to half the staff I'm still none the wiser. Any contact info gratefully received as we would then be able to relax and look forward to the trip.
Try this tel no. 08705 200 700.not sure if you will have to put in the country code in front but this is the number of the reservations dept. that my travel agent sent me by mistake .Good luck.
Update to my earlier post re an email address to contact DLRP direct. I got the following address on another board and had a reply confirming everything within a ouple of hours. They are contactable on DLP.GUEST.COMMUNICATION/at/DISNEY COM. Sorry for the strange format but it's not letting me post a "proper" address , hopefully you can work out what it really reads.
Could someone please help I am travelling to DLP on Jan 2nd 2008 and need to sort out transfers, they are from CDG Airport and there are 11 of us we would prefer to go by taxi if possible has anyone got any suggestions please.

Thanks

Amanda :D
  • Edited by mandamoo 2007-10-30 21:10:49
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.