France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Hi Gail,

Sorry, I misunderstood your first question.

Yep, VEA shuttle straight from the airport to your Disney hotel. We walked out of terminal 1 straight onto the VEA (its a big bus with Disney written all over it and painted lots of bright colours), it did pick-ups at the other 2 terminals at CDG airport, then we were off to the Disney hotels. It took just under 1 hour from getting on the shuttle to getting to our hotel.

Elaine
Thanks Elaine

Do you know how much this costs return per person and is it convenient for getting 3 children onto or would a taxi be better.

Gail
€16 per adult and €13 per child aged 3-11

A taxi will cost upwards from approx €75 to €100.

The VEA buses are regular and no bother for someone with 3 kids.
I'd agree with the above post from ujpest doza - the VEA is very convenient.

Elaine
Thanks for the above. I also wanted to know where is the best place to buy the tickets. I was thinking of the internet or at the hotel.

Gail
Tickets for what Gail? The VEA shuttle? You buy them on the bus - you pay the driver as you get on.

Elaine
Tickets for Disneyland Paris.

Gail
Have you booked your hotel yet Gail? Where are you staying? If you've booked a Disney onsite hotel, aren't your park tickets included?

If not, you can buy them on the official Disneyland Paris website.

Elaine
We are staying at the explorers hotel. Tickets are not included because I booked flights and hotel separately. I have come across a site called Attractiontix which is £100 cheaper but I do not know how reliable they are.

Gail
Does anyone know of the cheapest way to book a hotel close to Disney?
Would prefer to be within walking or 5 - 10 minutes drive away. The on site ones seem too expensive. Thanks
Hi we are returning to dlp after a visit last year,just for a short break 31st aug til 2nd sept,any ideas if it will be really busy?? and what sort of weather,we last visited in feb and it was blooming freezing,im thinking t shirt and jeans type weather this time??
Taking grandma with us this time and with a bad hip she need a motorised scooter to get about,does anyone know if these can be hired here?? i never looked last time as didnt have a need to.
She has her own one at home which we may be able to take with us if not, have anyone seen people using them in dlp??
kindest regards
Hi
We've been to Disneyland Paris 3 times previously, but are considering going inbetween Christmas and New Year this year. Has anyone been then? Is it worth going, what do they have in the way of parades etc and is it very busy?

More than anything I'm after the atmosphere as I'm sure Disney do Christmas well and I would probably book the Sequoia lodge so we could go and swim as a break from freezing in the park.Normally we would do 3 nights 4 days, but I wondered if at that time of year we would be better with 2 nights 3 days.

Any feedback from those who have done it would be really helpful

Thanks in advance

Pam :D
Have now booked the Santa Fe for 2 nights 3 days- can't wait!! Shan't tell the children until Christmas day :D

Pam
Hi
Just to let you all know i've just returned from Disneyland Resort Paris and had a Fab time. :D
We drove from Calais and stayed at the Davy Crockett Lodge.

I've left a detailed resort and hotel report on HolidayTruths site.

If anyone wants to ask me anything, then go ahead.
I'll try and help as much as possible! :ghug
Can anyone help me with a few questions I have before we (2 adults + 2 Kids) visit Disney in November?

1- Given we have 2 little ones with us we don't waiting in the scrum for a bus to the resort from CDG and thought of either picking up a taxi at the terminal door or booking ahead of time through Parisshuttle or similar. They quote 100euros which is not too bad since we'd have to buy bus tickets anyway. Has anyone used either option before and let us know whether parisshuttle are reliable or is a taxi at the door the better bet?

2- We're going to Sequoia Lodge and hear they make you pick timeslot for breakfast on check-in! As one of the party is disabled we may not be able to always get there at a fixed time depending how they are in the morning so wondered how this works? Do you always have to pick a slot or can we have breakfast anytime? We're in a Montana room if that makes any difference.

3- Lastly I've seen a couple of posts about magic hours when we're there, they say different times as one says mornings and the other says they're in the evening. Any clues as to how if possible we can find out which is correct for the magic hours from 16-21 November?

Thanks
Andrew
Merged with existing topic.

luci :wave
Try the official site http://hotels.disneylandparis.co.uk

The magic hours in november are in the morning for 2 hours before the park opens - however, this is not a daily feature.

Gill
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.