France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Help Please. 1st time to DLP am staying at Santa Fe 26th - 29th Jan. Can you please help with timings and restaurant choices. I have took half board option and have selected the restaurants but am unsure as to what time we will be eating, what time do the parades finish / park shut? after the parade is that the end of the rides and attractions?
Hi,

Here are the park times for January -
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/calendar/?m=200801

There are a few parades - there is one every day in the Studios at 1.30pm.
There is also the Casey Jnr character express, which is 3 times a day in the main park, last one is I think around 1pm. The main parade in the park is at 4pm. The rides are open all through the day in both the parks and the studios, from opening time to park closing time. At the close of the main park every day, there is Candleabration, which takes about 15 minutes, so if you stay to watch that (its lovely) you'd be leaving the main park around 20 minutes after the official park closing time.

Elaine
hi all wondering if anyone can give me the names of some good websites for booking the santa fe hotel next december or package with flights from cardiff. been on the bus about 6 years ago so not really clued up. so any help welcomed
Hi,i've just booked through coop travel and had a lovely advisor ,free phone etc,going on wednesday. tel 08009530431,sorry mods if this isn't allowed,
hassie :wave:
Try leisure direction, or if you happen to work for the NHS, or the forces amongst others, try Forces Travel. We used them for our trip at Christmas and they were really helpful.

Pam :)
Hi
eldest came home at the weekend to say she had the opportunity to go DLP the week after next :yikes
Been looking through the posts but need an idea of how much money she will need for food and some ideas of the best places for her and her friends to eat. She is 14 and staying 3 nights at the Newport Bay
Thanks, Lally
Hi - I take a school trip of teenagers every year and the most popular place to eat is - surprise surprise - MacDonalds!! There are plenty of fast food placed in the Magic Kingdom - burgers, pizzas, hot dogs etc. Macdonalds is in Disney Village. There are also some all you can eat buffet restaurants for about 25 euros - eg Billy Bobs, but that probably would seem expensive to a 14 year old.

Gill
McDonalds is definately the cheapest place to eat at and as the other places are mostly fast food it is the same type of food,if buying bottles of soft drinks or sandwiches then the shop inside the railway station is cheaper.I hope you get better weather than us as we were there last week and it rained every day.
Thanks both
I am sure that McD's is where she will gravitate to :smile:
I am hoping £30 a day will cover it
Lally
Hello! Off to Disney next week. Can anyone tell me whether there is an evening parade with fireworks etc? Or if there are any special palns for Valentines?
Thanks in advince for your help! ;)
Hi,

There are no evening parades or fireworks at Disneyland Paris, outside of high summer season, Halloween night, and the Christmas season (the evening parade that is, but no fireworks until New Years Eve).

I don't know if there is anything specific for Valentines - if you look on the DLRP Magic site that might give you an idea?

Elaine
HI,
COULD ANYONE TELL ME THE BEST WAY TO GET FROM LA MOTTE PIQUET GRENELLE TO DISNEYLAND AND ALSO AN IDEA OF THE COST
THANKS IN ANTICIPATION
Hi Nikkisfan and welcome to HT!

To prevent any future posts being deleted, can I ask that you turn off your CAPS lock when posting as per our rules of posting?
1) Do NOT post in all CAPITALS - Your post WILL be deleted.

I have merged your post with our existing Disneyland Paris topic which may have some information.

luci :wave
theres loads of things to without any hight restrictions! its not just rides there are loads of activities to fo too!! :)
Eurostar puts on extra Disney services

Eurostar will introduce extra services between St Pancras International/Ashford International and Disneyland Resort Paris this summer.

Starting on July 18, the extra trains will provide an additional 33,000 seats to and from the resort.

They will run on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from London St Pancras International/Ashford International and on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from Disneyland Resort Paris.

Tickets go on sale on March 18.

With permission from Travelmole
Hi, Our friends are going to Euro Disney later this moth and wil be staying at the Cheyenne Hotel which they have been told is a 10 min walk to Disney, please can anyone clarify this and also any info about getting there from Charles de gaul airport. Is there a shuttle bus, and if so how frequent are they, how much do they cost and how near to the hotel does it stop?

any info gratefully received.
many thanks
Sue :)
Hi Sue,

Yep, the Cheyenne is one of the onsite hotels at Disneyland Paris, so its within 10 minutes walk to the Disney Village, another 5 minutes from there to the main gates of the Disneyland Park. Its a very pleasant walk too.

From Charles de Gaulle, there are a few ways they can get to Disney. The most convenient, if they are arriving at the airport during the day or early evening, is the VEA shuttle bus. This departs very regularly (about every half hour) from each terminal at the airport, and takes about 45 minutes once you've left the airport, to get to the Disney hotels (it drops off at each one). The cost is 17euro per adult, 13euro per child.

There are other ways of getting from the airport, including the high speed train and a private shuttle transfer.

If you need any more information, I'll try to help. I'll be going on my 4th trip to Disneyland Paris next month :D .

Elaine
i am staying here in june, :sun2 can anyone give advise on the size of room as i am staying with my daughter and grandaughter, what beds are in the room? are they big enough for 2 adults and a 3year old? is there a fridge in? my grandaughter still has a bottle of milk morning and night, can this be bought locally? :que any replies most welcome :wave:
Ooooh lucky you, staying in the Disneyland Hotel!

I found this - it has pictures of the bedrooms at the hotel -

http://www.hotels.co.uk/hotel-france/hotel-chessy/disneyland-hotel/

All Disneyland Paris onsite hotels are built with rooms for families of 4 in mind, so you will have ample room for your party. I don't know if there is a fridge in your hotel room (we've never been lucky enough to stay at the Disneyland Hotel) but I would imagine there would be a mini-bar type fridge - best to check if you will be charged for removing items from it though if you're thinking of using it for your granddaughters milk. If you explain the situation though, I think that will be fine. You can buy milk very reasonably at the train station just one minutes walk from the main gates of the Disneyland Park.

I'm off to the Magic in 2 days time - hope you enjoy your trip too!

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.