France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Hi,

You get the fastpass tickets when you are actually in the park.

For the rides with fastpass, there is a separate queue to the main one. You go into the Fastpass queue with your park tickets, and you get the equivalent number (or less, if all of your party are not fussed about doing the ride) tickets for the ride. The tickets will have a timespan on them (ours was a 30-minute timespan) so you don't have to queue again for ages - you just go back to the ride within the timespan on your ticket, and join the much smaller and faster-loading queue for Fastpass ticket holders. We waited about 10 minutes to get our Fastpass tickets first thing in the morning for the Peter Pan ride, went back at the time printed on our tickets, and waited no longer than 5 minutes to get on the ride.

If you have a look at the official Disneyland Paris website, you can see which rides you can get Fastpass tickets for.

Elaine
Hiya

We've done Disney three times now and what we always do is get into the park for 8:30. You can get into main street then, although the gates to the various 'lands' don't open until 9. We fastpass all the busy rides first thing and do them to death and then do the less popular rides later. You can fast pass as many rides as you like, but only once per entry ticket on each ride until your time period is over ie. if your slot is 9-9:30 you can't get another fastpass until 9:30 for that ride.

Pirates is always a good early one to do even though it isn't a fastpass. Go to thunder mountain and get your fastpasses then go round to Pirates and do that about 3 times. It's usually quiet first thing so they let you stay on.

You can't fast pass the shows. Lion King is fab, but be prepared to queue in excess of an hour for the tickets, which are released earlier in the day before the show itself. There is a queueing area near to the theatre where they issue them.

As has already been said, the studios park is much quieter and is quite nice for a respite.

You'll have a great time!!

Pam :D
Another tip for The Lion King show is that you can view it from the MaCdonalds while eating your food without having to get a ticket.
If you are at the park in time for the barriers dropping then I would head straight round to Thunder mountain and get in an early ride first before the queues build up and then if you enjoy it get a fast pass after you leave the ride. We always do that and then head on round to Indiana Jones which never seems to have a queue (its not for the faint hearted mind!)

Must see rides which don't have much of a queue as they are fast loading are Pirates, Haunted House and Its a Small World (not to everyones taste but very disney!).

When you need a rest head round to Honey I shrunk the audience.

Gill
Thanks for tips folks :D
hi all newbie here and your discussion board looks great what im looking for is some advice as im going to eurodisney in june and dont fancy breakfast in the holiday inn hotel as i stayed there last year anybody know where to get a decent breakie near eurodisney i know mcdonalds is there but dont fancy eating there four days

many thanks in advance
Have you tried having a look at this website?

http://www.dlpfoodguide.com/

It lists reviews and menus, plus opening times of the various restaurants in and around Disney, including the Disney village.

Elaine
thanks i have looked at this site but im looking for something outside disney or the village
the only place I can think of would be the val d'europe shopping centre. I've never been there though. Otherwise the resort is really quite isolated and I wouldn't think it would be practical to travel way out for breakfast. You could possibly try some of the other hotels, but I think breakfast is pretty much the same in all of them - ie a contintal buffet breakfast.

Gill
I am loking for prices for Dec 07 or Jan 08, from Glasgow. Does anyone know where I can get these prices and roughly how much it would cost?

Thanks
Can you get commuter flights from Glasgow or Edinburgh to Charles de Gaulle airport? If you can, I'd suggest thats probably the cheapest way to do it, get your flights yourself then get your hotel, breakfast, tickets etc through the likes of Iglu or the official Disneyland Paris website -
http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/index.xhtml

Thats what I did in February 07, and will be doing again for October 07. There is just 1 adult and 1 child in my party, so the likes of LeisureDirection and Lastminute.com don't really cater for me. I paid just over £300 in total for 2 nights, 3 days in a Disney hotel, including flights, breakfasts, park tickets in February, and it will be about £280 for the same deal when I go in October. I booked through Iglu for my hotel etc in February, and will be booking using the official DLP site for October.

Hope you get something sorted,

Elaine
get your tickets from 365tickets they are the cheapest i have found much cheaper than your hotel prices
Does 365tickets just do the Disney tickets though Berty? Or do they do hotel packages too?
I had a quick look, and their price for the 3-day hopper tickets are a total of £142 for one adult, one child. My total Disney hotel price, including the same tickets and breakfasts, is £159.

Elaine
My husband and I are thinking of taking our son to DLP either Dec 07 or early in 08. Does anyone know where I can get cheap flights from eiher glasgow or Prestwick. Also which is the best airport to fly to. I can't seem to find any good value for money flights.

Any help would be appreciated.

Elaine, Was this price from the DLP website. What hotel are you staying in and for how many nights. That's great deal, I can't seem to get anywhere near that price.

Thanks
Hi,

Yes, its on the DLP website.
Its the early booker special, for holidays taken in September (or up to beginning of October) as long as you book before the end of April this year. Its also combined with the special offer of kids under 7 staying free (my daughter is 6). The hotel is the Santa Fe staying for 2 nights, with 3 days in the Disney parks.

I also thought it was a great deal :lol: !

I had a look for flights for you, but could only find Edinburgh to Charles de Gaulle - would flying from Edinburgh be a problem?

Elaine
Hi everyone,

I've just booked a family holiday to DLP for november this year (Bonfire Spectacular time). I would love to hear anyones experiences of going around this time. Also we are going with Siesta International Coach Holidays-has anyone else travelled with these before?? I don't really know anything about them, but they look quite good! I'd really appreciate any info that anybody has :)

Many thanks

karen.xx
Yeah we could fly from edinburgh if it was a good deal. It would take an extra couple of hours for us to get there. Also we stay on an island so i would depend on what times the flights were as we would need to stay in a hotel before we went on the mainland. Where did you find flights from edinburgh?

I'll definately have another look at the DLP website when their winter holidays go on sale!

Natalie
Hi,

I went on the Edinburgh Airport website, and BA connect and Air France both appear to fly from Edinburgh airport to Paris CDG.

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.