France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Disneyland paris
304 Posts
Hi lockwood32,

sorry I cant be of any help, when we went into Paris we went on one of the cruise boat trips-it was quite enjoyable but not what your looking for I dont think!!

Anyhow, hope you have a great time! I'm very interested to hear how your coach trip goes as we are going by coach for the 1st time in November (we have an 8 yr old and a 4 yr old).

Have a smashing time and I look forward to reading your review when you get back :)
I've just booked to go back to DLP in early October - staying at the Santa Fe again.

Can't wait - new parade, Cars ride and Crush Rollercoaster here we come!

Elaine
Just come back from dlp had a fab time cant wait to go back started saving the tesco vouchers again, stayed at the explorers any questions feel free ask away. :P
Louise what do you do with your Tesco vouchers to help you with DLP holidays? Do you pay for your flights with airmiles from them?

Elaine
we converted the vouchers to pay leger holidays I saved up £300 in tesco vouchers which when converted is worth £1200 which paid for all the holiday in the easter school hols by coach ferry crossing, explorers hotel for 4 nights and 2 days in the parks. You have to go by coach to do it this way, but it was fine and I would def do it again, we only needed spends. 8)
Unfortunately leger are pulling out of the deals

"If you have been saving your Clubcard Vouchers for Leger Tokens, you must have ordered and booked your holiday with Leger by the 30th September 2007 for travel up to the 31st December 2007."

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/browse.aspx?N=4294967232&bid=HHolidays
Well you can always spend them on something else they spend everywhere perhaps lapland might be an idea, il decide when iv got a decent amount saved again :P
just seen that P&O cruises are being added to tesco deals soon !

https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=515&bci=4294967232|Holidays

i know what i am saving for now ! :lol:
We're taking our 2 kids (5 + 2) to DLP in July and I'm a bit worried about queueing, etc. I have Arthritis and standing for lengthy periods or walking about a lot becomes very painful. The DLP site says disabled guests can let them know on arrival and they get to use seperate entrances on some attractions. My problem is that as I am not visibly disabled e.g. in a wheelchair and am reasonably young (43) they may not believe me. Anyone had similar situations or offer any advice?

Thanks in advance

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Can you get a letter from your doctor, confirming your arthritis?
Even without a medical condition, Disneyland can be very tiring. We were there in February, when it really wasn't that busy (not school holidays busy anyway). I was dog-tired at the end of each day - you do so much walking around the park.

Elaine
there is 15% off the 1 day hoppers at the moment http://booking.disneylandparis.com/wts/newdlp/jsp/ticksel.jsp?ticket=SO&pays=GB&compte=wtsael22

ad £33 ch £29 ! valid until 9th Vov 2007

1 day 1 park tickets are currently £32 ad ! so for a £1 more you can go to both park and studios :D

if you go through http://www.quidco.com you get £5 cashback each time ( put them through as separate orders ;) )

HTH someone
Does anyone know if Cow and Gate Plus Baby milk is available to buy in cartons in any of the DLP hotels?

If not what about the supermarket at Val D'Europe?

I'm sure i saw cartons of baby food and milk in the hotel shop last time we were there but that was prior to us having another baby.
Can anyone advise me on drink prices in Disneyland paris and in the surrounding hotels ( Hokiday Inn in particular )as I am getting reports that they are expensive, Im getting a little worried.
:omg
Thanks
Kblokey
Depends what you call expensive really.

In Sequoia Lodge it was €6.00 for a pint of K1664 and i'm sure it was the same at The Sports Bar in Disney Village but they do have some happy hours there where its buy one get one free.

So essentially its about £4.30 a pint of K1664 which in city centre pubs and hotels in the UK is usually at least £3.00 sometimes more.
Can anyone tell me what is the cheapest and quickest way to get to DLP with 3 children. 10 yrs, 4 yrs and 5 months.

Gail
regarding drink's prices it was about a fiver a pint last year in the holiday inn's bar needless to say i only had three
Hi Gail,

It probably depends where you are coming from? I would think, for convenience, the Eurostar would be easiest - and you can get direct trains from London and Ashford straight to Disneyland.

Coach trips are also almost door-to-door. Flights take about an hour, but you have to factor in check-in times, baggage claim etc.

By car - however long it takes you to get to the Channel Tunnel, then about 3 hours on the other side to Disneyland.

Elaine
Thanks Elaine but we are travelling from Charles de Gaulle airport. Any help would be appreciated.

Gail :thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.