Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
http://www.europeandiving.co.uk -they are excellent and always well recommended. We have used them numerous times both in icmeler and olu deniz :D
the marmaris centre is actually in icmeler.
lyn
kc17570,

As Lyn suggested, go with EDC, they are a top dive centre. I'll be diving with them for the 4th time in September. Of all the diving centres I've used, EDC is probably No1. Just a shame the diving around the Marmaris / Icmeler area isn't a bit more scenic otherwise they'd be the ultimate! This is one of my videos, filmed when I dived with them last year which you may be interested in.

http://i2.zvhost.com/2/s/sq5014ml.jpg

Not decided whether to take the camera again this year, I think I've filmed everything there is to see!

Happy diving,

Darren
hi Darren,
Thanks for video..wish it was me diving, but i am frightened of water!!!! Hubby has always wanted to give it a go, he spends must of the 2 weeks snorkelling, so this is the ultimate pressie for him!!

thanks kc
He'll be in safe hands with EDC, their discover scuba (DSD) days are excellent. No need to worry on that score. They do them at Echo Bay. Some of the shallower sections in the video were filmed their. They'll take him to see the Octopus and they regularly feed the area so there are plenty of fish around. Don't worry, no sharks! He'll love it.

Let us know how he gets on and have a fantastic holiday. I'll be joining you 5 weeks on friday!

Darren
Dazbo

Looked at all your videos, looks fantastic, tried diving once in Cyprus on one of there try it days but couldn't get the hang of clearing my mask of water so gave up, just snorkel a bit now, I would love to take some video while snokeling but don't want to spend £100's on an underwater case for my panasonic minidv camera, can you recommend a cheap housing for say 10-15ft depth that I could look at.

Sorry mods this being slightly off topic.

Dave

p.s. Also flying out to Icmeler 5 weeks on Friday
dksbbs,

:offtop sorry kc17570, but its related to diving in Icmeler!

This is the camera I use! As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. I'm not sure about housings for Panasonic cameras as I use Sony, but I wouldn't recommend the use of a cheap housing. I've seen too many people jump in to the water with their expensive cameras ina cheap plastic housing too many times, all excited about capturing the underwater scenery for them to resurface with a housing full of water, camera ruined. It may not the be housings fault as it only takes a single grain of sand or a hair in the 0-ring seat to break the seal, but I wouldn't trust an expensive camera in a cheap plastic housing.

Have you hada look at Cameras Underwater?. You might be able to find something for your camera their.

Who are you flying with? I might be on the same flight as you!

Darren
Hi daz,
Dont suppose you can remember roughly how much it was to dive in Icmeler?

Thanks kc
kc17570,

Dont suppose you can remember roughly how much it was to dive in Icmeler?

There should be a price list on EDC's website, the link is above. From memory, its about £30 a day which includes everything, equipment, lunch, two dives (extra lunchtime dive was £8 ) and transferes if needed. That was roughly what is was last year, although the price does vary depending on if you book one or several days as a package (I had a 5 day package which is what these prices are based on).

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.