Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Thanks for that Baldur. Hope you had a nice Xmas and are well.

:sun2 Toonman
Hi Toonman

Had an excellent Christmas and I'm fine thanks - I trust that applies to you & yours also?

Best wishes for 2010

Baldur
Is this going to affect individual property owners, who may own 1 apartment in a development ?

If we/they have paid the builders, and they in turn havent paid the banks, are we in for some trouble ?
justjoe wrote:
Is this going to affect individual property owners, who may own 1 apartment in a development ?

If we/they have paid the builders, and they in turn havent paid the banks, are we in for some trouble ?

I honestly don't know. It's a question that is probably best directed at the advokat/solicitor that you used when purchasing your apartment.

The potential for problems like this has been obvious for many years (at least 6 years, in my opinion), as the the sheer scale and pace of developments in Bulgaria was likely to be financially unsustainable, to anyone who wasn't blinded by the agents' unrealistic blandishments regarding fantastic investment potential and/or rental income.

Baldur
got to agree, that it has been looking like a boom waiting to go wrong for a while.
We bought our apaartment in 2007, but not off a plan. It was ready to move in to, and all the others (in Yalta complex ) were sold.
Owners now wanting to sell them on, seem to be struggling to get any interest, as we are surrounded by new builds, ans the roads were only put in last summer, which made the back look very untidy.

We didnt buy for a quick profit, or for a rental income.
Instead we are enjoying our trips,and a few family and friends use it which just about covers the maintainence.

Looking forward to a couple of good holidays this year, and sharing the experience here.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.