Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi emzie,

unless you ahve paid a 'child' price' for your baby, then unfortunately the baby won't get a luggage allowance. Hand luggage also remains at 5kg per 'paying' passenger' thus not including baby stuff. Buggies are carried for free depending on the airline but most do I think.
Do your airline allow you to book extra luggage allowance? We paid Thomson for 10 Kg extra before we flew, which was a huge help.
If Your baby is under 2 years old on the date you return home and you are travelling on package holiday on a charter flight, then you will 99.99% not have paid for a seat on the plane for baby and therefore baby will not have a luggage allowance.

Your baby will also have to sit on your knee in a special seatbelt.

Some check in staff are sympathetic to the extra baby stuff you may have in your hand luggage, but generally not uk check in staff.
thanks for yr help looks like im gonna have to take this case back now lol thanks emzie
Actually it's the age of your child and NOT whether you've paid a price for them. If the child is under two they won't have a baggage allowance , if they are over two then they will.
Free children always have a baggage allowance unless they are under two!!!
Lee
Actually it's the age of your child and NOT whether you've paid a price for them. If the child is under two they won't have a baggage allowance , if they are over two then they will.
Free children always have a baggage allowance unless they are under two!!!
Lee

You've misunderstood what i meant.
If they are under 2 they still pay to travel, albeit a nominal amount such as £50, but do not get a seat on the aircraft.
On charter flights if your child is under 2 and does not therefore occupy a seat then they do not get a luggage allowance.

Infants do however get a luggage allowance on scheduled flights operated by the likes of BA and Virgin.
Sorry ujpest it was a reply to molliemoo!
Hi Chivas,

what I meant has been lost in text. I meant price as opposed to child price. Thus, any child over 2 be it free or paid for, gets a baggage allowance. Any child under 2 travelling on an adult lap, will not get an allowance. However, if you purchase a plane seat for your under 2 year old, then they do get an allowance.

I knew what I was trying to say in the previous post but came out wrong :oops:
lol, Don't worry about it!
dont worry all ive sorted it out now lol
emzie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.