Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Do I haggle?
8 Posts
The prices in Candolim are high, go to Mapsu or Panjim
We found last season that shops in candolim were quoting 3 times the price of the ones in Mapsu. They were asking for approx 9,000 rps, they would not haggle and I ended up paying 2,700rps at Danguli in Mapsu. For single lens reactolite.
You can also buy glasses on the internet, try http://www.selectspecs.com , our son bought some from them earlier this year for £16.
Thanks for the information and the link. What an enormous difference in price. I'll take your advice and stay away from Candolim opticians. :D
Samtheboater.
Where about in Mapusa is Danguli if we got the bus from Calangute
Thanks
  • Edited by Ginlizzy 2007-11-01 13:08:35
Ginlizzy the best way i can describe getting there is when you get of the bus in mapsa go through the arches in to the market of a thousand stalls and you will have to ask a local show him/her the name of the opticians and they know straight away where it is they'll take you right there.
It is towards the bus station end of the market, If I remember right it is 2 or 3 streets in after going through the arches from the main road.
Hope this helps
Cheers Sleepsrus and Samtheboater.
Have only been to Mapusa market once but I am going to take these directions with me.
Thanks again
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.