Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Nicks,

I was in Sunny Beach in 2004, last week of June & first week of July - it was uncomfortably hot at night then! It had cooled down a little when I went to Sveti Konstantin in late August 2004 but was still warm at night.

It did rain quite a lot last year but that isn't normally the case - even if it does, it's usually overnight.
I agree with Baldur, and in the past the coastal resorts have been too darn hot for us to even consider going in July.

Inland it can be even hotter - some years the tarmac melts and they have to stop HGV traffic to prevent the road surfaces being ripped up.

But, who can really predict the weather? Not even the experts I would suggest.

We have a weather thread at -

weather

Peter
A jacket is recommended
Whilst one can never predict the weather with any certainty anywhere, as Baldur and I have pointed out above, I would put money on a jacket not being required on an evening in July.

Unless of course you are Bulgarian .............

They seem to adopt a policy of "If it's 8 o'clock in the evening, it MUST be time for my jacket!".

This whilst I am melting, and even in September for heaven's sake.

Peter
Hi Peter

I'm not saying to wear a jacket every evening in July or August , just to have it in the suitcase just in case.

You might want to go for a day trip to the mountains or boat trip ......just in case.
im going in august and i hope i dont need a jacket.
:?
Thanks for the replies..but i dont think ill be heading up into the mountains,,its a holiday by beach and pool for me and my family :D and of course the shopping :lol:
I bet you'll be buying fleeces, not because it's cold, just because they are such good prices and value for money.

Patka
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.