General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I never buy a new perfume. I stick to my favourites as others don't just do it for me. Everyone comments about how nice my perfume is but maybe it just suits me. I use Spellbound by Estee Lauder Ist, and back up is Paloma Picasso.
I save up my £2 coins during the year, and use some of the money to buy perfume for myself in Duty Free, before my main summer holiday. If I buy any aftershave for hubby, I buy the box of minatures, as they're an ideal size for short breaks and even a week's holiday.
This year 'll probably be buying either Lady Millions, or the new Daisy by Marc Jacobs.
Helen T wrote:
I save up my £2 coins during the year

Thats why I havent had any :rofl trying to save them as well, started off well but I think ive only had 3 in the last 2 months ;)

I dont buy new perfume at the airport but do treat myself and/or hubby before we go. Think perfumes are cheaper on the high street these days with the likes of Perfume Shop etc. Im almost out of my favourite - Armani Code - so will be getting some in the next few weeks.

I just opened my tin of them yesterday as it was full, there was £786 in it :hyper going to use it to pay for a safari trip when we are in Kenya.

Never buy aftershave for a holiday but Mrs Kiltie does like to get perfume.
My youngest' birthday is in June, eldest July and mine August so this year we are going to get it for our birthdays to save spending money.
Calvin Klien - Euphoria for me :D

CourtneeLouise x
My treat is to buy myself a perfume either at duty free or whilst on the plane before now ive asked the airhostess whats she's wearing because they always smell nice and thats how i come by my choice of perfume.
I did the same with Calvin Klien - Euphoria, sleep_r_us ! the air hostess kept walking past and in the end I asked her what she was wearing and brought it on the plane! :D

CourtneeLouise x
hi all....Im not a big perfume person and stick to those that dont react on me....so wouldnt bother buying any at the duty free.....hubby cant smell so not interested....he and my other sons prefer the body spray/deodotant

BUT my youngest who is 16 now loves his smellies....has been giving me a lis tof aftershaves ect since he was 12....he makes a bee line to the duty free every time we go away....its part of his hols...he trys all the new ones ....I like to indulge him ...so used to buy him one on the way out....one from the resort ...and one coming home....he goes through loads of it.....and has them lined up on his draws in his bedroom....I have found some of them cheaper at home or in the resort....so now he just tests them all for free in the duty free ....then buys them in resort ....tweetie
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:

I just opened my tin of them yesterday as it was full, there was £786 in it :hyper going to use it to pay for a safari trip when we are in Kenya.

Never buy aftershave for a holiday but Mrs Kiltie does like to get perfume.

Wow - I am going to start collecting £2 coins now :)

I usually but some perfume in duty free too, it is my treat to myself. I don't open it while I am away though as a) it just wears off too quick in the heat and b) perfume attracts mozzies
I don't,

But am sure many people do,,as often on the holiday fights, the smell of all the perfumes and after shaves wafting around is overwhelming.

xx lassi
always ...I normally buy 2 bottle in athe aiport before I fly out...Im hankering over the limited collection tom ford in tobac vanille its lush lush and £138 quid..yeo its expensive but Im gunna get it...I own 30 odd bottles of designer perfumes..Im terrible..:O) and I dont stop there I love mac cosmetics and normally buy that at the airport too..
Helen T

I have marc jacobs daisy I got that last august for anyone else like me I can reccomend Balenciaga perfume its absoultley gorge at the airport its 40 quid in debenhams its 48 quid..so cheaper at airport, also I love chanel mamoissellle, and the new thierry mugler womanity...I got that in selfridges but I think the airport is selling it now...if you like musky angel type perfumes this is the one...jo molone are lovely too...sorry anyone want any tips or hints on perfumes to buy..let me know ..:O) oh cannot wait for duty free in august... :cheers
The inflight mag is now viewable with Thomsons and i'm already planning what I'm getting benefit sets, elizabeth arden set etc lol :)
The Wales on Sunday newspaper today, :tup is recommending Joe Malone Sakura Cherry Blossom, and Rose and Mimosa as the pefumes for this summer
I'm going to buy a decent expensive perfume for my holidays this year but the thing is, you try out so many perfumes then you either can't remember the name of the smell you like or you've tried so many that you can no longer smell anything! :que :rofl

CourtneeLouise x
I often buy some perfume on the way home but I never actually wear any perfumed products on holiday as the mozzies would eat me alive ;)
I am popping to France on 21 June 2011 for the day and I shall pick up something from the ferry from the shop for my holiday in October to Ireland :D That sounds weird to most people I realise lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.