General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
for me it has to be just me hubby and children or just me and hubby on our own :) I like the idea of holidaying with extended family but in reality it just wouldnt be for me. I enjoy the freedom of only having us to consider for 1 or 2 weeks a year and not have to always compromise. I may sound selfish but i would rather not holiday with other people as i would hate to be the one who didnt want to do something and offend anyone.
I've been holidaying alone for years in Tunisia and simply love it as I'm free to do as I wish, though I always meet up with friends, both ex-pats and locals, for coffee or the occasional meal. Next time a friend has asked if I would mind her coming out with me, and although I love her dearly I wasn't sorry when she said she would only be able to spare a week as it means I will have one week to myself.
I think that on paper going in a group looks brilliant but the reality has never been really good for me :(
More people means more people to keep happy and if theres no give and take it can cause massive problems. Because of my experiences I could never advise people to go as a group.
Always just me, other half and our son. Our family are coming on holiday with us next summer because we are getting married, but I will make sure they are in a different hotel than us :rofl .
We only do family holidays now we have the children and that suits me perfect.

I have done group holidays before and sometimes it has been brilliant other times not so good. Small groups are usually fine but I have done a couple of big groups before, once to Romania on a coach tour, which was excellent, once on a Nile Cruise which again was fantastic and once to New Orleans with about people, which was a bit of a nightmare to be honest as I can't bear hanging about waiting for people. Most of the time about 5 of us just went off on our own.

I also went on a family holiday to Spain for a wedding and that drove me crazy too, all that hanging about waiting while people get ready or want to do this and that. It was a tiny town in the mountains too so it wasn't as if I could just go off on my own.

No, small family holidays are best for me now ;)
For my main summer holiday i prefer just hubby and myself , we like the same things and still enjoy each others company , have done weekends away with friends and family and thats enough for me , hate having to fit in with what others want or are doing , prefer to go seperate ways during the day and meet up for a meal and drink of an evening .
hate having to fit in with what others want or are doing , prefer to go seperate ways during the day and meet up for a meal and drink of an evening .

Llindy, I totally agree.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.