Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
mamajama wrote:
Free? since when? i just paid the price of 2 prescriptions 13.70 yesterday!

Doe Where did you get that info?.. maybe we were charged in error..

Sorry mamajama :(

That was why I had put 'almost' free because I know some surgeries charge for the prescriptions. I am lucky and mine doesn't at present. I do understand that 13.70 is a lot to some people though, got charged for 4 myself for something else in the week. :yikes

I was thinking about like when you go to Kenya or similar and have Yellow Fever jab etc which you can't get on the NHS and are a hundred quid in a private clinic which makes the cost of a script seem a bargain. :really

Doe
Thanks Doe i wont be going for any yellow fever jabs in near future.
13.70 isnt a lot i know but with this credit crisis going on at the minute every penny counts.. i might soon be unemployed :( and not have to pay for scripts !
I've briefly read through this thread as my daughter has just been told she needs innoculations for her trip to marmaris next month. As we are going with her, yet we have been to turkey before (Side) and didnt have to have any......I am totally confused...... :think :tdown

HELLLLLLLP!
You don't HAVE to have any. None are required, but some are recommended. There is a difference. And also a difference of opinion on this forum! :)
I am going back to Marmaris for 7th time in October and have only been vaccinated for Hep A. My auntie has been advised to get Typhoid. Was anyone else told to get this vaccine?
I've never had any vaccinations for Turkey.
Thanks Bluepeterno but that link doesnt work. Could you please send it again? Thanks so much. :D
Hubby and I went to Turkey in May this year, we didn't need any vaccinations! :)
Mys123 wrote:
I am going back to Marmaris for 7th time in October and have only been vaccinated for Hep A. My auntie has been advised to get Typhoid. Was anyone else told to get this vaccine?

Yes you also need typhoid. Just because others say they have been and didn't bother doesn't mean you wont catch it, they may just have been lucky. I would think it's even more important for children and the elderly. These vaccines take a couple of mins and last for years.
This topic goes round and round... Basically there are recommended vaccinations - Hep A, Typhoid and Tetenus I think. Some people have them, some don't. You don't have to have them, they aren't compulsary but you can if you choose to. It is entirely your own choice.
Hi mys123

Yep I would recommend the Typhoid too, this is my first visit to Turkey and Ive had to have the booster for HEP A this time because I went to Egypt last year and had the whole caboodle then.

You will also be covered by your insurance if you get all the injections needed.

Hope this helps.

Nia x :sun2
I would imagine you would be covered by your insurance even if you DONT have any vaccinations! :yikes

My tickets arrived and in the info pages.....it states clearly that NO vaccinations required for Turkey. So thats good enough for me :D
I had injections last time i went (2 years ago).. but forgot to get boosters so this year we didnt bother.
But im glad to hear that the brochure said no innoculations because ive heard from loads of ppl who go every year and have no injections.
I'm not a fan of all those drugs,even held out on my sons having the mmr so i think i wont bother in future
This topic has been going for quite a time now and if you look at the replies from the start all the answers are there . Jabs are not compulsery,but they are recommende for people who have certain complaints ,it is your own choice. :que For years i never took them ,but it was brought to my attention because i am diabetic that i should have them and now i do .I feel better knowing that i have them.

Bluepeterno1
Hi was wandering do we need any jabs before we go to turkey,thank you
There are no compulsary injections for Turkey. Some people choose to have Typhoid, Tetenas and Hepatitis A before they go, others don't. It is purely a matter of choice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.