Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
hi julie

im glad you found a good flight .....have a great holiday and good luck with your new job

angie xx
Hi Julie,

I've also been to Goa many times but usually for three or more weeks at a time. However, I have worked my doodah off over the last few months and I desperately need some time in Goa. I can only take a week off work and so I just booked it a couple of days ago. Leave in a fortnight. I remembered how many times in the past I have been laying on the beach after only two or three days but been so chilled out it's felt like a week. And for the first time I'm not taking any partner, family or mates!!! Paradise indeed. Can't wait. So if you're pondering whether or not then just book it.......you'll regret it if you dont!

Scotty
a week in Goa or a week at home? No competition is there? :D
Welcome to the Goa forum!
Thanks Fiona. This is the first time I've used the Forum although I've been to Goa many times. I have to say it's a brilliant site for anyone looking for advice and answers who are going for a first visit or like me who knows the area well but haven't been for 2 years. It's great to hear the latest news and updates. Great job to you all...!!!
If you want to put faces to names pop into one of our meets. They are a friendly bunch :)
Great - will try to make the meet on Wednesday 1st April then! Scotty
I'll add your name now so folks will look out for you :)
Arrived back on the 19th and can say it definately was worth going for less than two weeks!! We decided to try where we stayed at xmas so got dropped off at the football ground in Candolim, I stayed at the top with the cases while OH went down to see if anyone was up ( 6.50 am) he was only away 5 mins max and I had at least 3 offers of a room while I was waiting, we were lucky that there was an apartment available 500 rupees a night and we were unpacked showered and sitting having breakfast on the beach by 8.30am. By 10am it felt as if we had never went home.

We didnt do much apart from eat, drink, sunbathe and sleep and I loved it. The furthest we went was the Saturday night market which was great and the odd night in Calungute. We got to 1 meet at the Carvery and it was nice to put faces to some of the names Ive seen on here, we didnt make the next one as it was our last night and we had a really early start on the Thursday so didnt want to over indulge which I seemed to have a habit of doing out there.

The only thing I would do different if I was going for a short time again is go Charter rather than Schedule, not as comfortable but quicker, because we had an early flight out from Heathrow we travelled by Train from Newcastle the night before it wasnt worth checking into a hotel but the 5 or so hours at Heathrow before we could check in dragged only 1 part of terminal 3 was open hardly any seats and 1 coffee shop with a few stools. Coming home was better only had about 3 hours in Delhi and the transfer between terminals seemed to take most of that time up.

Now starting the countdown to next time hopefully at xmas
I just got back from a week yesterday, many people were aghast when I said we were off to Goa for a week but it is what you make it when you get there, if you are a person who takes 3 or 4 days to get 'into it' which some people seem to then I would not recommend it , I like to 'hit the ground running' and make the most of the time there, I am used to going to the far east for 11 nights too.

We managed to fit a lot into the holiday, anjuna market, spice plantation, Ingoes , ashwem and mandrem and plenty of days on Baga in our usual shack..... :)
Hi Nejulie, nice to meet you and your OH at the Carvery. Really glad to hear that you had a good week, knew it would be worth it :tup Fizz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.