Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Julie, I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your job, I can empathise having been made redundant from a job I loved 2 years ago! I have only been to Goa for a week once, it is a long way but was worth it. Go for it, Goa is certainly a good place to switch off from the stress of home and relax the mind and body.
Most definitely, I am off there myself for a week in March ;) I have been to Jamaica for a week and it was fine.
Julie - I haven't been there at all yet - its on my list for next year!! I would go anywhere for a week if it sounded as idyllic as Goa! :rofl
I went on my own for a week in November and had a great time, an extra week would certainly have been nice but would have been too long for me to be away from my hubby :cry My daughter and her hubby only ever come out to Goa for a week because she gets home sick and doesn't like to be away from her cats for too long. Yes it's a long way to go for just a week but whether you go for one week or 3 months you will still not think its long enough :D If it's all the time you have, go and enjoy yourself, after all one week is better than none at all. :) :tup Fizz
Julie

Last March I booked a week's holiday with a friend in New York. She couldn't go for various reasons which left me with a week off work at home on my own.

Hubby suggested I go to Goa. Couldn't get on the internet quick enough to book it. Had a great time.

It's always good to go for longer but if you've only got a week go for it !!!!!!

P.S. Good luck with the new job :tup
Do it ! As you have been before, you know the ins and outs, so you won't be wasting much time.
Sorry about the redundancy (copped for it myself 18 months ago after 26 years with the same company) - Chill out and have 7 days of fun.
P.S This year ain't looking too clever at my 'new' place now either..
Spike.
Julie, we are going for a week in the end of March. A week is never enough but better than nothing at all. :sun2
Looking at jewel in the crown holidays they have 1 week in Marinha Dourada for £399 which isnt too bad i thought, they have cheaper holidays to Goa but im an MD snob. ;)
hi julie

its definitely worth going for 1 week as you arrive about 6am and you still get your full seven nights so you actually get 8 days there......me and my husband always go away without the kids for a week at a time and chose goa this year but we booked 2 weeks cos it was so far but we are booking to go again in march and we are boooking just 1 week.

thomas cook is a good website to try and they have a lovely hotel called the mira which is slap bang in the middle of calangute and is supposed to be lovely there for a reasonable price.

hope you find something and have a great holiday.... :tup

angie xxx
Julie
I think I may well hold a bit of a record here for travelling to Goa for 5 days :rofl ( that wasn't planned of course). Believe it or not- we had a great time when there.
Thanks Everyone, I'm now convinced. Ive got 2 weeks between leaving my old job and starting the new so am busy searching for the cheapest deal I can find. Best one so far is flight only with Monarch for £379.00 for 13 nights. Am going to see what I can find on the scheduled flights for around 10 - 11 nights which I would prefer if we can get decent connections all the way through from Newcastle.

Thanks again

Julie

ps Spike I hope things work out ok with your job, being made redundant twice in a short period isnt very nice
hi again julie

just reading your last post and i have heard that monarch are a nightmare to travel with.....cant comment personally cos ive never used them but loads of peopole have said they were awful and would never fly with them again

angie xxx
Hi Angieh, Ive flew with Monach a few years ago and they are as bad as people say and more!! But this time Ive got to find the cheapest option weve already almost decided that if we can we are going for more than a week but a full fortnight is going to be pushing it flying schedule would be the most comfortable option but going charter is quicker ( if there are no delays!!)

Monarch are doing 13 nights which would work, Ive come to the conclusion that if I have to suffer to get there I will but am still searching the net for alternatives. Air India are coming up at approx same price but theres such a long time between landing at Mumbai and departing to Goa 9 hours, I keep doing different searches to see if I can find earlier flights from Mumbai but am not having much luck

Cheers
Julie
Monarch honestly aren't as bad as people make out. We have flown with them on our last 3 trips, flights were on time, food basic but fine, in flight entertainment OK. Its a means to an end, a quick cheap way to get where you want to be.
Leg room is abysmal but its only for a few hours. Go for it and have a great time :sun2
Just a thought, but, you may be able to pick up a bargain Premium seat on a Monarch flight which does make the 10 hours slightly more bearable. You may even be able to get some sleep, and, as others have said the arrival times are good which lets you make the most of whatever time you have. It will be a bit hotter and more humid in March - We had a week in April last year - make sure your accommodation has air conditioning if you need to 'cool down' at night etc.
Ive booked :tup

Got Air India Heathrow 7th - 19th March via Mumbai going and via Delhi back. Weve got about 7 hours in Mumbai on the way but dont care!! as long as I get there and only a couple of hours in Delhi on the way back Am well pleased with the price £305 each and we get 11 full days in Goa. Looking for accomodation now but am not too worried about that am sure we can find something once we get there.

Now just need to get my transport to and from Heathrow sorted, think the train or plane from Newcastle is going to cost almost as much as the flight to India :que

DJK - re the premium seats with Monarch I saw some going when I was searching yesterday for approx £400 only the dates didnt fit in or I would have snapped them up
monarch have some real bargains - going 19th march to prazeres 1 week £324,2 weeks £351. we have flown with monarch twice and had no complaints at all.would definately go with them again at these prices!
hi there nejulie

i am so pleased that you found something at a good price and the dates you wanted, have a lovely time in Goa. I have just come back and the weather was 106 degs :)

are you going north or south?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.