Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Bibbs

My first holiday in Marmaris was right on the beach front, it was in Marmaris Beach Hotel. We were room only, but they do B+B. Its a lovely clean comfortable hotel, (have a look at the reviews) and it was only modernised over a year ago. You also get 10% discount at Natalies Steakhouse and Alexandras when you stay at the hotel. The Management and staff are wonderful and cant do enough for you.

The pool area is not great, its only small and at the side of the hotel, so you need to keep moving to get the sun, but you are only about 10 steps from the beach, so its ideal. Free sunbeds and waiter service.

The situation of this hotel is fantastic for everything in Marmaris.

Mary x
thanks mary,
that does sound like the kind of place im wanting,great reviews to,shame about the pool tho,but i think jayne would like that,she was melting last year,lol,can it be booked direct and have you any idea on prices,ok thats the first one on my list,any more guys.
It can be booked direct, but I dont have the details on me here, I am nights tonight.

Oh have a look at the reviews, I think it gives the phone number there.

If you phone up, ask for Ali.

You wont be disappointed in the location and its lovely and clean.

Mary x
Tel 00902524124280

Email natalies@ttnet.net.tr

Mary x
hi mary and thanks a lot,we shall look into this one. :glynis
BIBBS....sounds like you need the MAGALUF forum.. noise,heavy drinking,late nights.. etc. lol :lol: still thats the way MARMARIS is going & i think thas why its getting less popular.. :glynis
hi vivviaan,
after all the quite holidays spent with the kids over the years(great that they were)this one is going to be all about us,and that involves a lot of partying and fun,i guess it will only become less popular with those that dont like it,but i think they will be replaced by those that do. :glynis
Morning, Tony,
It might be worth considering Side. The Hemera and the Arum (both Barut Hotels) are on the beach, have late bars etc. The Arum has 3 pools (no music), one indoors. next to the gym, which you would enjoy, of course.
Short Dolmus ride into Side for nightlife and lots of bars and restaurants, or some of the restaurants will collect you and take you back again.
Alternatively, if you want lots of partying, heavy drinking, late nights etc., have you considered Colchester? Save you all that travelling.
good morning richard,
i did consider side,along with all the other resorts,but we have made up our minds that its going to be marmaris,i did like the sound of a gym tho,i hadn't thought of that,could pop in there for an hour every morning before breakfast, :yuck (dont think so)as for colchester,i shall give that one a miss,were not guaranteed the sunshine, :lol:
Sounds like Marmaris is the place for you. There are plenty of hotels on the beachfront and the entertainment is legendary. Avoid hotels in the Armutalan area though as they're quite a way behind the centre and you need to catch a dolmus to the beach which isn't great anyway, Icmeler beach is much better and just a 10 minute dolmus ride away. Have a great holiday.
hi zog,
thanks for the tips,and yes im sure we are going to have a blast.
i need to have the hotel on the beach coz my daily routine will be laying by the pool having a cheeky few beers then dragging myself off for a cool down and snorkel (god knows how to spell that)but you know what i mean,glasses and tube thing in your mouth,lol,i dare say we will venture out a couple of times as their are other area's i want to see thats close by, :glynis
Hi Bibbs

If you want on the beach the mehtap is for you next to all entertainment Myself and my daughter stop there a couple of times a year the only thing is the noise goes on till 1 then carries on next door at the old batross

Out of the hotel straight onto the beach you can we walk to the centre which is about a 20 min stroll ive been offered 2 weeks b & b for only £329 flight transfers and accommodation its basic very clean except a few carpet rooms have fridge hairdrier lovely bathroom and a sea view.

Wendy
hi wendy,
thanks for that,i'll add that one to the list,got two now,so i spose i can call it a list,lol,but at least i have plenty of time to find the right place,we are already booked up for this year(going in may)but im already looking ahead for next year, :thanks
hello again wendy,
just had a look on the hotel reviews section,the mehtap hotel is not rated yet,maybe you could add one ?, :tup
Hi have stayed at the Ebru Hotel twice,good location 2 mins from beach and nightlife,opposite Gima store..Helpful friendly staff, late nights if you want them! Would recommend it..We are going to Gumbet this year for a change. 8) Happy Hols :D
hi julie,
thank you,could not find this hotel either,maybe do a report the same as i asked wendy to do ?,did however find some reports on another site(oops sorry briar)lol,have a great time in gumbet,all the best, :glynis
So bibbs, any luck yet?
Oops! :oops: Didn't realise I had homer's butt, would rather have Beyonce's lol!
yes,we have a few to do some research on,but i hope that their will be many more,as for chat about bums,please post in the (if you want a good laugh)thread, :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.