Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
What documentation have you received? What does it say on there? Is it possible that the AI was a special offer for a limited time on early booking?

Please do not bombard them with emails as that can confuse the situation if more than one person tries to deal with it.

fwh
The hotel's website doesn't mention AI only B/B, Half and Full Board.
To answer both your comments.

I have only sent two emails, I will not bombard them as I agree that it will confuse the situation. When I booked the holiday, I received an email from Thomson which confirms my booking as All Inclusive. We are concerned that as the website no longer offers all inclusive and the brochure doesn't mention it either, we will not get what we paid for.

Secondly, as I mentioned, the AI upgrade has gone from the website so it will only offer the Full board upgrade.

There are some other holiday-truth members in the same boat as me and also members on Trip Advisor.
You mention full board plus,

a few years ago I had the same package (different destination) and it transpired it was their terminology for all inclusive minus certain things such as premium drinks(expensive brands) room service and set meal times as opposed to virtual 24/7 food/drinks.
My understanding of full board plus or all inclusive light is that drinks are included with meals, but not at other times.

luci :wave
Duncan - there is a thread on the Turkey forum (sorry don't know how to link to it) It basically says the whole hotel is now AI and all the old hotel rooms have been completely refurbished.

Denny
Hi Denny ... Duncan is referring to the Golden Taurus Park Hotel on the Costa Brava.

David :wave
Sorry Duncan and David - just this minute realised this when reading through 'travel ops thread'. :whoops

Denny
Duncan wrote:
One last thing, I went in to our local Thomson holiday shop on Saturday and because I have booked the holiday on the web, they flatly refused to help me. I think the way TUI treat their paying customers is disgusting and somebody needs to give the holiday industry a good shake up.

Thomson shops will not be able to do anything if you booked on the web. They cannot touch ANYTHING on your booking - why would they want to anyway? You chose to book online, you knew the risks!
Risks? What on earth are you on about? Why should there be risks in booking a holiday.

Thomson is Thomson whether its web based or shop based. Now I understand there is a comission involved when booked via an agent, but I was at the end of my tether and only went in the shop as I could not get in contact with Thonson any other way. Pleas don't talk down to me in that way again.

Thank you.
The travel shops and internet sales operation trade separately. As such they do not have access to each others bookings. The same applies to Thos Cook. It may be that when you go into the shop you actually find someone who will try to assist, but people have complained about this before.

It is a bit like when I worked for a Ford dealer. People often came in with a problem and we were not able to assist. They said well it says Ford on the door and could not understand we were an independent company that just happened to hold that franchise.

People do understand the problem you have, but the only people who can sort it out for you are the internet arm of Thomson. We can only express our own opinions or suggest possible solutions.

fwh
Now, that I appreciate. There are ways of saying things and gr123 was a bit blunt. I apologise for my outburst but I felt offended by their comment.
Quite an interesting discussion over the last few posts.

It's not just holiday companies who separate their businesses between high street and on-line.

Banks and building societies work this way too.
e.g. If you have an e-account with Abbey, you won't be able to walk into your high street branch and discuss any problems with them.

I think the worst thing I've read about Duncan's complaint is that he got through to Thomson who took his details, promised to gt back to him - but didn't.
IMHO, this is appalling customer service.
An agent in a Thomas Cook shop said she couldnt help me at first but I explained that I have tried to contact them and they seem to be putting it off more and more saying i need to speak to cetain departments, however she helped me out when I had a problem with a online booking which I wanted canceled as we couldnt make that holiday anymore due to girlfriend not being able to get time off, They called them on my behalf while I was there and explained the situtation again, and amazing the problem was sorted within 4 days... call call centres are a waste of space. ( I did have to speak to them once she got the message across to confirm what I wanted done )

I did have another holiday booked through that travel shop already which was due to depart a short while later.

David
An agent in a Thomas Cook shop said she couldn't help me at first but I explained that I have tried to contact them and they seem to be putting it off more and more saying i need to speak to certain departments, however she helped me out when I had a problem with a online booking

As I said before sometime you find people who are willing to assist.

I do wonder if the delay is less to do with customer service and more to do with "how do we sort out our mistake"

Rather than waste any more time with email and telephone calls perhaps the OP should write a letter and send recorded delivery.

Briefly state the facts and request confirmation - in writing - within 5 working days that what is booked will be honoured. You can track the letter online and at least then, should you not get what has been booked, you will have confirmation in writing that you can use should it not be delivered when seeking recompense.

Sometimes the quickest and most effective way is the slowest.

fwh

fwh
gr123 ..do you really have to be so rude .
there is no need for it.... :scratch:
I apologise for my outburst but I felt offended

you felt offended???? are you real??? in what way did you feel offended? you obiviously don't get out much if something as inocuous as that "offends" you....

people are far to quick to use this word these days...
In view of the last 2 posts, can I ask where this thread is going? :que
It is going way off topic with some of the posts breaching our Ts and Cs, specifically:

3. Show respect and courtesy to all other users
Do not allow yourself to be drawn into conflict with another user. We will not accept personal attacks from one user toward another and this will be dealt with very severely. If a situation arises that you feel may be getting out of hand inform a moderator or Admin via Personal Messaging . We will then attempt to deal with the situation.

Any further such posts will be deleted.

Thank you.

MarkJ HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.