Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Doha Airport
10 Posts
I shall copy your post to our Airlines and Airports forum where it may get a better response.

luci :wave
:whoops
Thank you Luci, I should have looked more carefully before I posted, I did not realise there was an airport forum.
No worries. The Airlines and Airports forum is probably more for UK airports rather than airports in other countries, but I felt it may get better response there.

Make sure you subscribe to the topics in both forums for replies.

luci :wave
Singapore Joe,

Qatarman is the person who can probably help you out. I'm sure he'll see your post and help answer your questions. In the mean time, you might find the Qatar Airways topic useful.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo,

Had a look at the Qatar Airways topic, it does not look good for a beer at Doha Airport, it could be a long Six hours.
Might try the Oryx lounge.
  • Edited by David 2009-08-27 17:13:45
    Sorry, but your post had to be edited for copyright reasons
I can`t comment on Doha airport but I have had to spend time in transit before. It was in Cairo airport for around 3/4 hours, we didn`t find it too bad and we were given vouchers for a meal as we left the plane. We spent a bit of time haveing a look around and stretching our legs.

I have also spent time in Bahrain airport whilst our plane was refulled, only a hour each time though. I found the airport fantastic and wanted to look around the shops more, the duty free prices were very good. I would imagine that Doha will be very similar.

I looked at some flights for next year with Qatar but I think the transit put me off, it was 12 hours each way and we have a grumpy 10 year old who would not be impressed.
Hi Joe,
Flying Qatar is not a mistake they are a very good airline,I fly back to Heathrow with them on the 3rd September.As for Doha airport why dont you try and book the Orynx Lounge you can do it through the attached.This should be okay for your layover.No beer sorry.

http://www.dohaairport.com/services_almaha.html?linksr09
Thanks, think I will go with the Oryx Lounge, we have a six hour transit on the outward leg which is almost the same amount of time from Gatwick to Doha. Then we have 8 hours to Hong Kong. The inital price of the flight is cheap but I suppose no pain no gain.
On our return from Hong Kong we have about 2 hrs in Doha which is not too bad.
I have seen a few reviews about the Oryx lounge elsewhere on the net and they have been fine.
Not sure why but I have seen a lot of posts about Qatar Airlines and most people say good things about them but Qatar like you to spend time at Doha Airport, I think we are getting off lightly with six hours.
Will do a post about the Oryx when we get back.

Thanks for the replies.
:fly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.