Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
doha airport
9 Posts
massive airport with lots of shops and restraunts,you will have to decide what you want before you land, because you will not have time to walk around it all
hi Bob its a nice little airport but thse few hrs transfer time can soon fly by no pun intended :rofl The transfer from the plane to the terminal can take up to 15 mins. The duty free has a decent choice but again the queues can get busy so keep an eye on times etc. I dont smoke but cigs are cheap there can use uk debit cards no problem. couple of places to get coffee and food. I usually buy a bottle of pop as the plane down to Goa is small and gets warm. Although you can get drinks on the plane by the time they get to you im usually thirsty.
Thanks all

Only got a 2 hour stop so probably wont have much time to do anything anyway
Nice airport but generally, not cheap.

If you like a dram of whisky they usually have a buy two/get three offer. As has been mentioned, the queues on the tills can build up so keep your eye on the time.
and if you are doing the return flight through Doha the chances are you will have even less time for shopping as you have to through the security rigmarole.
I had an e-mail from Qatar a few days ago which stated that Doha Airport will be fully opened soon. I don't know if this means that aircraft will unload through airbridges direct into the terminal or wether we will still be bussed to remote stands.
if using airbridges there will be more time available to brows the shops, altgough to be honest I didn't think that things like cameras etc were very cheap.
Also, might be worth checking your 'manage my booking' as out flights have been altered very slightly.
I only noticed this on attempting to check on the baggage allowances.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.