Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Personally I wouldn't use the ship's conversion as it's likely not to be in your favour.

We use a Nationwide credit card to pay for purchases abroad as they give the full Interbank rate with no loading. Other companies load their rate by about 2.75%. See HERE for examples and see if your card is mentioned.

luci :wave
NO
Under no circumstances allow the Ship to convert your bill into $. They will give us a terrible exchange rate. Nationwide and the Post office both offer cards with no additional hidden charges.
You should look at what they ask you to sign and tick the box where you tell them you do not wish them to convert your $.

Sue
Agree entirely with Luci and Keela, we have never taken the currency conversion option, but rather just have the dollar amount going to the credit card. The rate with the credit card company has always been good and, unlike getting dollars in cash or traveller cheques, there is no transaction charge.

Enjoy your cruise, just wish it was me!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.