Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Just found that if you have a lloyds tsb account and you book them online then all Sterling travellors cheques are commision free....bonus or what???

I thought all travellers cheques are commision free?
I order them using internet banking with HSBC. Ive never had to pay commision with them.
Also if you book with a travel agent their TC's are also commision free. First Choice are commision free.
I don't think there is anywhere now where you have to pay to exchange either money or TC's (someone's bound to name somewhere now :roll: ) anyway shall I say most places don't charge to get them or to change them back.

Debi
Most travellors cheques are commision free but with a lower exchange rate, however Sterling travellors cheques usually atract a 1.5/2% commision charge at places like T. Cook,Going Places etc.
Last year I used Hsbc internet to order cheques and had no charge but this year it isn,t mentioned on the website, so I asume they have changed their system a little.

Gaz
You will always get a lower exchange rate when cashing TC's compared to cash. Last time I took them I was getting rp2 less per pound compared with my mate who took cash!
So what if your getting a little less for travellers cheques than cash, cheques are a lot safer, and anyone who takes ALL cash for their holiday spends lacks common sense.
Yes, cash is easier, but i tend to have the majority of my spending money in cheques, and a bit in cash.
Calm down YM, it's each to their own choice :wink:
I am calm Tony :lol:
Ive just reread my post, and it did seem OTT :? oops, sorry
Hi

I've been using my nationwide card at the atm acrooss from Nino's Nook in Candolim, never used it in goa before. Does anyone know if it is normal for the gaurd to stand inside with you. On the first time he was watching & gave advice, 2nd just stood inside. Each time we requested a receipt but didn't get one. I'm probably being paranoid but just wanted to check (thinking after I've left get receipt out of machine & use to access account).

Please don't anyone take offence at this just need re-assurance.

Thanks
Aj
AJ,
Sometimes they stand inside sometimes not.
There is not enough information on a receipt to gain access to your account, you are quire safe.
Steve
does anyone know the nearest cash point to the Marinha Dourada?

Thanx

Debi
this may be a stupid question but should i tip the guard last time he always opened the door for me i didnt tip then should i have ?
Usually I just give 10 rupees because the guard will help you if you need it.
goa
just got back and we've been getting 80.81 - got quite a bit more in Jan
Not bad oap, we were getting less 3 weeks ago so it has improved.
The rate today in candolim is 79.30.
I have seen 80rps on the boards today. It has been up and down between 78/82....
I have read some conficting advice on taking TC. Is it best to take sterling TC or US Dollar ones? We are intending taking some cash as well, but to be safe wanted to take half TC. We travel next Thursday. Thanks :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.