Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thanks for your advice Elibee
hi need help regarding nationwide flexi account?????
had a cash card turn up today and on the back it has cirrus and link symbols on it,,can this type of card be used in and around calangute in the atms???
this card has not got a visa symbol on it,,,can anyone please advise or tell me if they have the same 2 symbols on theirs and that they have used it to withdrawer cash
thanks
Hi Robbie

So long as it has Link or Cirrius it will work in the ATMs. We had one of those before we updated to a Visa and never had a problem.

Steve
samtheboater
thanks for the quick reply..all im worried about is i looked on the cirrus website and it does not show any atms in the calangute/baga area which accepts cirrus so dont want to take the card then finding out i cant use it there,,so was looking for 1st hand use..
This is the card that Nationwide give when you first open the account and we used ours in the Candolim area for 2 years with no problem.

Don't worry and have a great holiday

Steve
thanks steve
was getting a bit worried there ,,,
if i'm staying at the MD will I have to get a taxi everytime I want to use the ATM :? i so I think I will take both cash and the Nationwide card.
if i'm staying at the MD will I have to get a taxi everytime I want to use the ATM :? i so I think I will take both cash and the Nationwide card.

It is possible to walk, but in theory you can route yourself to go on the way to/from your day out or on the way out for the evening, personally I withdraw enough money out for a few days then leave it in the safe deposit box at the MD

Mids
I am planning on using my HSBC debit solo card for the last couple of days, does anyone know the rate they charge?
I've just put most of my holiday money in my new Nationwide account and I am now panicking in case I lose the card or the bank swallows it and we have no money :?
Hello, why don't you take some cash with you as well? Or if it isnt too late for you to get some travellers cheques, so you won't be relying on the cash machine all the time.
Dont Panic.
You will be fine.
If the worst happens contact me while you are in Goa and we can go to an Internet cafe and transfer money after I have got some out from an ATM.
We are there from 7th Jan. :D
Thanx
I am going to take some cash as well but I am getting a bit paranoid about losing the card, I wish I had got one for my OH now so we would have had two :roll: Thanx for your kind offer samtheboater, our friends that are coming with us also have a Nationwide card, could we transfer from ours to theirs or visa versa if the worst happened :?:
Debi
Deb - you can easily transfer money if you have internet banking, but if not you can ring the nationwide telephone banking and transfer some money to your friends account, then they can draw it out for you.

Nicola
Can we please have some feedback from someone who is over there in Goa now.
I am familiar with XE website, and can look this up all day long, but would like the real info from the streets so to speak, especially when it can be about 5rps difference
Hi Folks - Our trip isn't far away now. :D

Anybody out there know the current exchange rate?
I have just returned, exchange rate last week was 78rps to the pound.
Thanks Elliebee. A bit down on last year but I can still get a Thali de Luxe in the Plantain Leaf for a pound!! Bring it on!! :D
We usually take travellers cheques, and get them from hsbc bank, but i have noticed this year there is a 1.5 percent charge.

Does anyone know where i can get travellers cheques with no commission, and buy back when we get home?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.