Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Debs, :wave:
We have been going to North of the Dom. Rep now for the last 5 years this will be our 6th on April 27th to May 13th. We always go the 1st two weeks of May and the weather is hot,hot,hot, :sun2 with a shower now and again late afternoon.(Not often) Overnight you can get some heavy showers or thunderstorms but by the next day is lovely and warm and sunny. You are perfectly safe from hurricanes as that season is officially June to November.
We think its a good time to go obviously as we would'nt keep on going at that time. The evenings are so balmy that its so nice to not have to wear anything over your shoulders.Some evenings can even be quite humid that when you step out of your air-conditioned room to go to dinner its like opening your oven door.
It does'nt bother us you soon get used to it, its better to have heat than the cold we have been having. I love this time of year.
Hope this helps.

Angie :tup
Thanks so much angie,

Thats put my mind at rest! What resort do you go to? We were thinking of trying Gran Ventana!

Debs x
Hi Debs,
We always go to the Iberostar Costa Dorada just up the road from the Playa Dorada Complex.

Great staff and brilliant resort, we cant wish for more its our second home even the staff everytime we arrive greet us with a hug, kisses and say Welcome Home.

Angie.
Check out the Grand Oasis Marien,right next door to the ICD.

Highly recommended. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.