Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
hi,
just got back recently from dominican, i did have a coach myself for transfers, however i did use taxis while i was there and they seemed ok although i am male and was not on my own.
the only thing that got me at the airport was the guys that want to carry your bag they want a tip for nothing basically casuse once outside you dont have to go far. sorry i cant help in any other way.
http://www.isairatours.com/

is the website of a very reputable company. they will do your transfer for you and will also supply a driver for a day at really good prices if you want to see some of the island.

have a good trip

jr
:D

Thank you that advice...I'll email them about a transfer
Hi, I just returned from Purto Plata last week also travelling as a single female. I got a taxi outside the airport. The drivers all wear the same shirts and the taxi's are registered and very safe. There's a blackboard up that lists all the prices for their taxis so you know what your paying before you set off. I've been over to the Dominican Republic three times since last October and always alone and never had any problems just keep your wits about you as you would at home and you'll be fine.
Have a great time,
sam
definitely recommend isaira tours, we used them for our trips. very reliable. Martin,Maritza and Juan are all wonderful
flying to dom rep puerto plata on 4th march and will need transfers to get to casa marina reef and back again, i have been quoted 40 USD for a return trip via

http://www.dominican-republic-vacation-services.com

has any had any experiences with these or used them?

Ken, the person who im speaking too seems very helpful, friendly and all above board.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.