Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi there, have you looked at Excellence Punta cana?
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/caribbean/dominican-republic/punta-cana/excellence-punta-cana-hotel/

As for the weather, we go to the caribbean every year in nov/dec and have yet to be disappointed...

Cuba again this year!!

ATB,J.
We went to Samana at Christmas and stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa which was a gorgeous hotel and not full of kids. Check out my review in the reviews section. :)
We stayed at Dreams La Romana 18/11/10 - 2/12/10 and had great weather, over 30 in the shade every day, saw a bit of rain but nothing that would bother you. Would recommend the hotel, really great, you can also read my review in that section. Kids are catered for, (we took one!) but especially the 2nd week, the resort was certainly not overun with them.
Hi Tam !

Assuming this will be your first ever trip to the Dom Rep I can recommend 3 places to try,all on different coastlines,all different prices. The first one is on the North Coast, and goes by the name of 'Grand Oasis Marien'. Its 4 star and quite small,but the food is excellent and the staff are loverly and polite with a smile,it has a georgous walk in pool,nice beach with watersports and situated in an area that can be expored. You would fly into Puerto Plata airport for this one and its about a 20 minute bus transfer.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g147290-d241697-r97373848-Be_Live_Grand_Marien-Puerto_Plata_Dominican_Republic.html

The second place I recommend is the 'H10 Ocean Blue & sand' and for this one you would fly into Punta Cana airport which is situeted on the east coast. Again the food was spot on and the Hotel sits directly on a superb white sandy beach.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g147293-d584407-Reviews-Ocean_Blue_Sand-Punta_Cana_Dominican_Republic.html

The third recommendation is an old favourite of ours. Its now called 'Dreams La Romana' but when we visited in 2005 it was called Suncape Casa del Mar. Its had a massive refurb apparently and is now a 5 star property with fantastic reports. This Hotel is paradise in our opinion, but you only get what you pay for dont you.You are now situted on the South Coast and would swim in the CARIBBEAN sea,no waves or surf here and the snorkelling was very special.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g663484-d1163459-Reviews-Dreams_La_Romana-Bayahibe_Dominican_Republic.html

Weather wise you should expect plenty of hot sunny days but with showers,only brief ones and the temps should be 85-90 by day and late seventies by night. Humidity could a problem, but again,it all depends where you go and when.

Rotterdam
Thanks guys, that has all been very helpful. I think we've got our dates sorted (23rd Nov for 2 weeks), it's just the hotel to choose now.

Our shortlist at the moment looks like this... :think

Dreams La Romana
Majestic Elegance Hotel - Bavaro
Excellence Punta Cana

All look very nice, have a good choice of restaurants and bars.

I really like the look of Dreams La Romana, but I've noticed there are no excursions available from Bayahibe. My partner likes going on various excursions so that hotel might be out the question :(

I've noticed the Majestic talks about Elegance Club guests. Does anyone know what this is?

I think it might be decision time :sun2

Thanks guys
Not sure where you got your information from but there is plenty of trips from Dreams la Romana, can provide some info if you want it, but if you look on some other forums there is a wealth of info about this resort and hotel

Steph
Well we're booking the holiday through Thomson, and when we looked on their website for excursions from Bayahibe there were no results :( , but if you have any details or info let me know. :tup

I'll have a look else where too :)
Take a look on Seavis tours website who are based in Bayahibe, they are excellent and have various trips. Check out their reviews on TA. Although I didn't go with Thomsons, I'm sure once in resort they must offer some trips, all the other tour operators did so it would be very strange for them to offer absolutely nothing! We travelled with a small independant company so used their rep for 1 trip and Seavis for our main one which was the Saona Island Vip trip.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.