Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
It is walkable, about 15-20 mins, but not with luggage. The train station is in the middle of town in a pedestrian area so there are no taxis immediately outside, they are a 5 minute walk away.

luci :wave
Would torremolinos station be the nearest to the Sol Principto apartments on the the beach front or would La Colina station be nearer?

Thanks,
Dave.
I would guess they're mid way between the two, but La Colina is in the middle of nowhere with no taxis nearby that I saw when we got off there, but I may be wrong.

luci :wave
Edit - sp
I would guess they're mid way between the two, but La Colina is in the middle of nowhere with no taxis nearby that I was when we got off there, but I may be wrong.

You are correct Lucy....there's not much in it, (distance) but La Colina station is really only servicing the urbanisation.
Torremolinos station is the best for taxis and for the price of a taxi, in my opinion, forget walking with cases. :yikes
From just outside (down the street) from the Sol Principito, it cost us 4 sometimes 5 euros to Calle San Miguel, which is more or less next to the station in Torremolinos...might be 6 euros this year, but certainly won't break the bank......or your back :lol:

I've highlighted the stations and the Sol Principe/Principito apartments in red.
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8823/save0002ma9.jpg

PS: The hotels Don Pedro and Don Pablo are numbers 14 and 26 respectively on the map.
Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Thanks for your map Sanji and reply Luci both have helped.

Cheers,

Dave.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.