America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Yea i seen this article too, so maybe this is what my friend was thinking of also.
I'm the one who has started off this rumour I'm afraid. I have read the link above and hope that it is only the nightclubs involved. All I know is that the travel agent told me that downtown disney was closed, but maybe I misunderstood. Not having been before I didn't have enough knowledge to question her further. I am keeping my fingers crossed it is all open as normal as I have been told how good it is.
You don't have to keep your fingers crossed. It is a factthat the Pleasure Island night clubs have closed, but that is just one area of Downtown Disney. All the rest is still up and running. Indeed, they have just opened the new 'T Rex' restaurant there, which sounds good. 'Live' dinosaurs.... Here's a link to photos of it: http://allears.net/btp/trex.htm and here is a link to info on Pleasure Island and the closures. http://allears.net/btp/faq_pi.htm Someone has confused Pleasure Island with Downtown Disney, but Pleasure Island is only one part of it and even there, some things are still open, just not the nightclubs.
Phew, this is gd to hear as i love downtown disney- great for shopping!!
Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry to have caused the confusion, but I for one am pleased to hear that Downtown Disney is alive and kicking, and am looking forward to exploring it. That T Rex restaurant looks fab. That is definately on our list of places to eat! Nikki
We were at Pleasure Island on closing night - it was very sad and very very busy!! We have chosen Disneyworld in Florida for our holiday the past 3 years but unfortunately i dont think we will be back anytime soon - the clubs (specifically Adventurers Club) really held fond memories for us :( Sad to see it gone :(
Bring Back Adventurers Club!!!

GG x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.