Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
When I read the first bit I wondered what the problem could be. Sounded as though you had struck gold. But then I got to the last bit.

Not a very happy state of affairs - some of the problems could be due to the place not having been used for a few weeks. Cleaned after the last guest and nobody run a duster round before you arrived. Dirty linen and dishes - there is no excuse. Cannot comment on the pool and the rest points to very poor maintenance and is not acceptable when it is let out.

You do not say if you booked via an agent or direct. If you can tell us that information then one of our members may be able to advise.

fwh
Hi fwh, thanks for replying.....

Found a website called holidaylettings.co.uk
When looking for a villa, we came across this one and fell in love with it.
Contacted the owner, who seemed really nice and kept in touch with him by email, phone etc.....

My only problem is that we looked after the villa, well. I can't understand why he hasn't replied to any
of my emails or answered my any of my calls. He owes me £300, which was our security deposit.
We didn't do anything wrong, so why???
Sounded so good to begin with...

I have had a problem with a company in the UK who wouldnt respond to me Emails after i had a problem with them. Before the problem they were very quick to respond. So I opened a new email account, and sent a couple of questions under a different name.... and lo and behold a reply within the hour!!

It maybe that the owner is on holiday, perhaps send an enquiry off a different email asking a few questions and see if the owner gets back to you. Also contact the website and let them know that this property isnt what it should be.

Good luck
Hi all,

Well since i last wrote i have heard back from the owner, who gave me my deposit back with a big sorry.
The looking after the villa was not down to him, but the key holder who has now left.
I would like to say thank you to the owner, your villa is wonderful but next time be careful who you pick as your key holder!!!!!

THE END..... :( :) ;) :tup :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.