General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Dream Honeymoon
3 Posts
June to November is hurricane season in the Caribbean so you may want to avoid Mexico, Cuba, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Florida etc. I don't do 'East' so don't know much about the weather conditions but the Maldives would seem a wonderful honeymoon destination.

We got married and spent our honeymoon at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya in the Riviera Maya, Mexico in October 2006. Had a fantastic time but the weather was iffy and we spent a lot of time sheltering ourselves from rain showers! If I had my time over again, I might have possibly chosen somewhere a little dryer. We go to the Caribbean each year in the October half term and have had two holidays cancelled due to hurricanes in the last 7 years and have missed one in Cuba by a day. This year we're going to Turkey instead and it's nice not to be checking the hurricane prediction websites for weeks on end beforehand :)
Hi Mitchell1980 and welcome to HT :tup

Can I wish you good luck with all your wedding arrangements.

Unfortunately you have chosen an unpredictable time of year in the Caribbean, Indian Ocean (Maldives) and Asian Pacific areas as it is in the middle of the Hurricane season (June - November) in the Caribbean, the Monsoon season (mid May - November) in the Indian Ocean area and the Pacific typhoon season (May - November) in Asia
These rainy seasons can be unpredictable with sudden and VERY heavy downpours of torrential rain and winds even if not directly affected by any hurricane so it is down to pot luck weather wise I am afraid.

Having said that most of the rains / winds only last a short time and pass quite quickly unless you are unlucky enough to have a full blown tropical storm hit you which would be rather frightening and would cause problems such as cancellation or curtailment of your holiday

If you are able to postpone your honeymoon until slightly later you would be able to go to any of these areas without too much problems however if you can't postpone / delay your honeymoon you would have to take a chance with the weather.

This might help you with a bit more info regarding weather and a suitable destination - http://www.theultimatetravelcompany.co.uk/autumn.html

Also interesting -
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/your_say/article731874.ece

http://www.perfect-honeymoon-destinations.co.uk/Top-Honeymoon-Destinations-in-September.aspx

My personal recommendation for you would be a good hotel in Mauritius which should be fine in September.
Hope this helps you a bit, and if you want more info please come back and ask as we are a very friendly bunch :)

Graham
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.