Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Yeah I was wondering the same - we were there in July and I'm sure there were notices saying the restrictions re liquids were to take effect from Ocober - I'm back off again on Monday - can anyone let us know if the restrictions are now in place please
Jonesy / Kimi,

The security restictions came in to effect on 1st October 2009. From that date, you won't be permitted to take liquids etc through security, the same as you can't from any UK airport.

Darren
Restrictions are in place prices are very high coffee and a piece of cake £5 thats wasnt to bad however we went into the bar just before departue and only had sterling we had 5 beers very nice they were however when we asked for the bill it was £50 yes £50 never ever again it is a total rip of.
EM.
We came back on the 1st October and you could still take drinks through to the boarding gate.

We had left our water outside as we thought the restrictions were in place. Bought two small bottles of juice once through which cost 20 lira :yikes then watched as the couple next to us opened their backpacks and brought out their own drinks. :que

Lynn
Hi,just read on another forum that restrictions on liquids has been deferred until January 2010,you can take drinks to the boarding gate,hope this is correct.T.
we had no problem bringing water through security in september, but bought another small bottle in departure for on the plane....6lire :yikes
The restrictions have definitely been put back to January 2010.
My friend has just come back and there were notices informing people of the new date.
At this rate the restrictions will come in when they have been officially removed. :rofl
came back last monday ans they have put a sticker over the old date and now it is January 2010. I had a cup of coffee in the airport and it cost me 8.50 lira, on the plane it was 7 lira, all it was was a cup of hot water with nescafe 3 in 1 and could have got one out off my hand luggage and asked just for water :)
We arrived on Saturday. The rep on the bus said you are still allowed to take water food and drinks in with you to Dalaman airport. He advised everyone to do this due to the high costs in the airport.

Wilson ;)
I agree Wilson, the prices are over the top!
Over the top ill say it is, its a scandal for a country thats so cheap to holiday in, we were there in Sept and went upstairs in departures for a bite to eat, i could believe my eyes when i saw effes at 11 lira a bottle .
Can I ask we keep to the original topic please; are there any restictions on taking water through checkin with you? We already have a lengthy topic on Dalaman Airport ... facilities, prices, Q&As.

Thanks,

Darren
hi, we came back on 4th october and i had a bottle of water in the see through bit on the side of my bag, i was not asked to remove it and i drank it on the plane
we just got back this morning, 1 can coke, 1 water 6 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!. Never noticed any restrictions on taking water through tho. Full holly review to follow
Somke friends of our moaned about paying over £40 for a McDonalds at Dalaman prior to flying.... Me I would just have waited and had a snack on the plane. Saw another person , reeling drunk, how he got allowed on the plane I've no idea. Who told me he'd had a fall out with his wife and kids and had gone to the bar to get drunk!!. That must have cost him more than the holiday :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.