UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Dublin or Cork?
7 Posts
It all depends on what you want to do!
Dublin is very much the big city with lots of Stagg parties and traffic Jams
Cork is a much smaller place lots to do Great food especially in Kinsale (Fishing village about 30min drive from the City) You could also visit Blarney castle and kiss the blarney stone ( You will recieve the gift of the gab in return)
My vote would be for Cork
Thanks. Having done a bit of research I decided Cork would be better, partially because I have been to Dublin before, (even though the boyfriend hasn't ;) ) and partially because it looks cosier and therefore a bit more romantic.

One last question - which brewery tour would people recommend, it looks like we could do Murphys or Beamish (correct me if I'm wrong) - is there much difference between them?
Cork is fine for a day but in order to see the real Ireland you need to venture out further. If you have a car i would suggest west of ireland especially Mizen head barleycove for a day - nearer is Gouganne barra which is breath taking they also have a hotel.

I can reccomend Dunmore House its amazing and the hospitality is second to none. Again this is in clonakility west of ireland but you have access to plenty of places and little towns. And your next to the sea!
Thanks! We are only staying 2 nights so not too bothered. We will do the whole south coast one day though!. We are happy enough wandering, and i want to go to Cobh too so think we'll stay local this time.
Sorry that nobody answered your really important question. Stick to Murphys, Beamish is a little on the sweet side.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.