Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
While your waiting for a reply from someone who's been to the market Claudia Click Here for some information.
Tell me you're not going just for the day!

I have bad news I'm afraid. Ryanair have a reputation of saying they fly to places when what they mean is they fly to somewhere where the locals know the way to where you thought you were going. In the case of Dusseldorf, this is not Dusseldorf International Airport (DUS) but Weeze which was previously known as Niederrhein (ex NATO base) with the code NRN. It's only 1 mile from the Dutch border near Nijmegen. The airport company doesn't use Dusseldorf in it's name! Still, could be worse - those thinking Ryanair are taking them to Frankfurt will find themselves dumped at Hahn, not far from Luxembourg!!

The airport website (complete with big advert for Ryanair) is http://www.airport-weeze.de/index.php?lang=en and your bus and train options are listed under Arriving and Leaving. The direct bus to Dusseldorf takes 75 minutes and costs €12.50 per person each way although there aren't many services. The train option would be €29.50 each way for a group of up to 5 people but is a bit complicated although more frequent. If you want details of how to use the train and get the cheap price send a PM and I'll go through it.
Hope you get this in time. The main market is in the Aldstat which is old town. There is an underground metro system. If you ask at the train station they are very good and will give you information. The best place for good shops is Konigsallee (excuse the spelling) it has been a few years since I last went. There are markets on others squares but Dusseldorf is walkable without needing to use the metro just ask for a map. Have a great time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.