Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
DUTY FREE EXPORT
10 Posts
No you will not get any in 'duty free'

Try Victory in Bulgaria different strengths according to colour of packet, the darker blue the packet the stronger the cigarette, and much cheaper. The named brands of cigs you will be offered in the resort are rarely genuine.

Patka
Patka wrote:
No you will not get any in 'duty free'

Patka

Why would he not get any duty free? Bulgaria isn't in the EU so he should be able to get 200 cigs duty free, unless I'm missing something obvious?

luci :wave
We have been unable to buy duty free cigs or drinks at Manchester for Bulgarian flights since January 2007. It seems very unfair that you cannot buy and are still restricted to the normal duly free allowance on return to UK.
Victory cigarettes are what we buy at supermarkets in Bg. Victory WHITE are the same strength as L & B. 2.75lev per packet at present.
Bulgaria not in the EU, when did they withdraw?
Why would he not get any duty free? Bulgaria isn't in the EU so he should be able to get 200 cigs duty free, unless I'm missing something obvious?

Luci, I think you may have missed that Bulgaria became full members of the EU on the 1st of January 2007 :)

You blinked, but limits still apply in relation to what you can bring back in respect of cigarettes - 200. See HERE.

Peter
It seems very unfair that you cannot buy and are still restricted to the normal duly free allowance on return to UK.

It's because according to the UK and some other EU member states, not enough excise duty is paid on cigarettes bought in Bulgaria, Romania and the other Eastern European countries to which this restriction is applied. When travelling between EU countries it is never wise to assume there are no limits. People who think they can nip over the border from France into Spain and Belgium to buy cheap fags are most disappointed when French customs seize the lot. The French are applying a 1000 limit on cigarette imports, but this is :offtop

Peter
Sorry peeps, I was getting Bulgaria confused with somewhere else. Shouldn't reply when I'm tired!

luci :wave
As they say in Bulgaria Niama problemi No problems.

I do things like that but in my case its 'old timers disease'

Patka :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.